8/31 game thread Sox vs Pirates 7:10 first pitch

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I know everyone here loves talking about Yas and WAR, but he was tied for 1st amongst fWAR in catchers last year and would have lead if he didn't share so much time with McCann. This year the batting average was ugly but the production overall was still very, very good. What we're seeing from Yas isn't him getting back to previous levels of production, rather he's having the best hitting season of his career right now. If his plate discipline improvements are legit, then this is the best he's ever been as a player.

When healthy, he’s been one of the 7 or 8 best players in baseball. Full stop. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I know everyone here loves talking about Yas and WAR, but he was tied for 1st amongst fWAR in catchers last year and would have lead if he didn't share so much time with McCann. This year the batting average was ugly but the production overall was still very, very good. What we're seeing from Yas isn't him getting back to previous levels of production, rather he's having the best hitting season of his career right now. If his plate discipline improvements are legit, then this is the best he's ever been as a player.

His knee was obviously hurting most of the year.  He still found a way to be productive on this team while injured. That impressed me. 

• Like 1