9/5- White Sox at Royals, 1:10

flavum

1 minute ago, RibbieRubarb said:

That’s when you posted it.

But I’ll play…name me a playoff team (other than TB right now) that hasn’t played bad at times.

i can’t name one. Every team has had issues or injuries. But go ahead claim it’s all over.

we will see your hyperbole next year.

Thanks for letting me take the year off. Next time let me know my opinion so I can post it. 

• Fire 1

26 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Perez thrives on hitting bad pitches. Yet we keep trying to pitch around him with pitches that are too close to the plate. Those are basically strikes to Perez. 

The issue is not to throw him a fastball.  If Cease cannot throw him anything else then you must walk him in that situation.  This is ridiculous this guy alone has hit 4 homers against the Sox in this series, three of them 3 run homers.  Give him the Barry Bonds treatment.  TLR intentionally walked Nelson Cruz to load the bases  with men on first and second, but not Salvy with men on second and third. When are we going to adjust, we look like the most stubborn and stupid team around.

Edited by hankchifan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

No you didn't

That's right I didn't say that.   It's been a trend of bad play since the asg.   I'm not given up on the season. The way I feel right now. I don't see them going far in the playoffs. I would love to be wrong.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

The Royals always turn it up when they play the Sox but with any other team they play like garbage. 

They have the confidence that we have give them, that they can beat us.  Give up 4 homers to Salvy in 3 games shows them that we are stupid and beatable.

Just now, hankchifan said:

On top of his terrible D, he takes a third strike KO in his first at bat.  Hope Engel gets back in soon,  and we don’t see Goodwin starting again, regardless of matchups.

Agreed. 
we really haven’t seen this team fully healthy all season (pitching and hitting)

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

If you're going to pitch to Perez, never throw a fastball and never throw a strike. Kimbrel's approach to facing him last night was perfect.

Basically the pitch around him and let him get himself out approach.  

Only time I would throw a fastball to him is if it's two feet out of the zone.  Otherwise it's breaking stuff.

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

If you're going to pitch to Perez, never throw a fastball and never throw a strike. Kimbrel's approach to facing him last night was perfect.

Who is accountable for letting Salvy hit 4 homers in 3 games this series? When are we going to learn and adjust?.  He had to be intentionally walked in the first.  Set up a double play and avoid a potential 3 run homer, which became a reality.

Perez vs. Sox: .309/.324/.647
Perez vs. Indians: .159/.245/.364

The pitches we throw him are pretty similar to how the Indians pitch him. Around 36-38% fastballs (let's not pretend the Indians don't throw him any fastballs). But here's the difference (first is Indians, 2nd is Sox)

We throw him a lot more pitches near the outside black as opposed to off the plate and low. His hot/cold zones vs. the Sox is all red whereas he only has 2 hot zones vs. the Indians. It's all about execution. 

Guardians.jpg

Sox.jpg

Edited by chw42
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Basically the pitch around him and let him get himself out approach.  

Only time I would throw a fastball to him is if it's two feet out of the zone.  Otherwise it's breaking stuff.

And that only with no men on.  They threw him fastballs for 3 three run homers and one two run homer.