9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch

southsider2k5

I've been supportive of the Sox frequently resting players this season, etc. But that was a moment where Eloy should have been pinch hitting. I'm not saying he should have started the game or even play tomorrow, but if they aren't putting him on the IL then he should be batting for Mendick in that situation.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I've been supportive of the Sox frequently resting players this season, etc. But that was a moment where Eloy should have been pinch hitting. I'm not saying he should have started the game or even play tomorrow, but if they aren't putting him on the IL then he should be batting for Mendick in that situation.

Right on.  TLR never pinch hits with his star players when they are “resting” on the bench. TLR does not generally go all out using all his weapons to win a game. It’s frustrating.

Just now, hankchifan said:

Right on.  TLR never pinch hits with his star players when they are “resting” on the bench. TLR does not generally go all out using all his weapons to win a game. It’s frustrating.

Eloy isn't dealing with a soft tissue injury or anything, either. I'm not a doctor, but are you really going to aggravate or make a bone bruise worse by taking one ab?

That may have been the Sox only shot to get back in the game and Tony decided to punt. again.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Eloy isn't dealing with a soft tissue injury or anything, either. I'm not a doctor, but are you really going to aggravate or make a bone bruise worse by taking one ab?

That may have been the Sox only shot to get back in the game and Tony decided to punt. again.

Knowing Eloy, he'll get hit in the knee if he pinch hit. 

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Seems in their history it’s when they try to get cute, it’s when things backfire

I think that was more understandable last year when there was no HFA. Who's favored in a 2/3 series between the Sox and Astros will likely just come down to whichever team has home field.