Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

10 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Why the hell would the Sox want Myers?  He is a worse OF than Vaughn, hits RH and has a terrible contract. Other than that, he’s a perfect fit.  Keeping Kimbrel makes more sense than that.

If the Sox weren't willing to take on bad money with good prospects attached during the rebuild, they sure as heck aren't going to be doing it now

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Is that the move you had heard about?

It was one of the names thrown around for Kimbrel. Sox had pretty strong ask for Kimbrel (w/dodgers). I assumed they wouldn’t get it but based upon what they were asking it showed me they thought he had a market or they were only trading him if they could get something meaty. 

My intel didn’t come from someone with ties to Sox thinking but Dodgers weren’t yet ready to budge and my contact didn’t think they would budge (but that could have changed). I did expect a deal with Dodgers to be one where Sox got payroll back (vs adding to payroll for Kenley). 

I am kind of excited now that Kenley left…maybe it means they could reach a deal that works for Sox. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

What a move by Twins. That is a freaking stellar deal. 2 or 3 year deal is awesome/a no brainer (for them). 

Question is...why didn't the Astros or any other team do this? This deal makes no sense from Correa's standpoint. 

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Nightingale confirms. This is actually hilarious. I would rather have Correa with the Twins (they suck) than the Astros, and he will almost certainly opt out after the first year, or definitely by the 2nd one. 

I kind of can't stop laughing at the Astros for this. 😂🤭

Makes you wonder if Conforto would take a similar type of deal. 

• Quin locked this topic