AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

Reynaldo Lopez 3-0 now.

The Vulture.

Six saves by Hendriks now.  Thank god it's over and nobody's injured but Bummer's bruised knee from banging into the wall.

Bullpen more or less did its job.  Shocking 8th inning appearance by Matt "Jose" Foster actually worked out.

Liam looking much better than 7-10 days ago.   One less thing to be concerned about moving forward.

3 of 4 sounds a heckuva lot better than losing 11 out of 15.   Still 4.5 games back of the Twins.  Need to stay roughly within 7 games of the Twins by the end of May.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Reynaldo Lopez 3-0 now.

The Vulture.

Six saves by Hendriks now.  Thank god it's over and nobody's injured but Bummer's bruised knee from banging into the wall.

Bullpen more or less did its job.  Shocking 8th inning appearance by Matt "Jose" Foster actually worked out.

Liam looking much better than 7-10 days ago.   One less thing to be concerned about moving forward.

3 of 4 sounds a heckuva lot better than losing 11 out of 15.   Still 4.5 games back of the Twins.  Need to stay roughly within 7 games of the Twins by the end of May.

I didn’t see Bummed bang his knee into a wall. Are you talking about Burger? 

15 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The Sox with a fine game by the goalie and good forechecking, skate to a 3-1 win

The 3rd star tonight....Liam Hendriks

The 2nd star tonight....Michael Kopech

1st star goes to....Jan Gomes

• Like 1

Just now, Green Line said:

Kopech needs to control his emotions better.  He is made of glass, hence why they wont let him go long.  Very unprofessional.

Big Kopech guy but I agree that was a bad look. Don’t mind some fire, but punching the bat rack with your pitching hand while up 3-0 is just dumb and kind of selfish. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Big Kopech guy but I agree that was a bad look. Don’t mind some fire, but punching the bat rack with your pitching hand while up 3-0 is just dumb and kind of selfish. 

Can't be doing shit like that. Don't wanna end up like Carlos Quentin. 

The messed up thing is that he broke his hand before when he was with the Red Sox punching a teammate. He should know better. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yeah, I loved the fire in the moment and I love that he cares that much but losing him would hurt us so badly.  Luckily nothing came of it, and hopefully he uses it as fuel to keep improving.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Reynaldo Lopez 3-0 now.

The Vulture.

Just a quick question from a UK Sox fan still learning all the rules, but how come Reynaldo gets given the win just for pitching the 5th? Kopech pitched 4 scorless innings when all the Sox runs were scored.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Chimpton said:

Just a quick question from a UK Sox fan still learning all the rules, but how come Reynaldo gets given the win just for pitching the 5th? Kopech pitched 4 scorless innings when all the Sox runs were scored.

SP have to go 5 to qualify for a win. Just the rules. One of many reasons W/L is sort of a useless metric for SP. of course Kopech deserves the W over Lopez. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Chimpton said:

W/L may be the most useless stat ever for a pitcher in todays game. Kopech doesnt get it because he didnt go 5, but RL does because he pitched the fifth. It makes no sense

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

SP have to go 5 to qualify for a win. Just the rules. One of many reasons W/L is sort of a useless metric for SP. of course Kopech deserves the W over Lopez. 

It just seems ridiculous when a SP can get a loss for pitching one terrible innings that sets you on the way to a loss but can't get a win for pitching 4 scorless innings! Still I suppose all rules don't have to make sense. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chimpton said:

It just seems ridiculous when a SP can get a loss for pitching one terrible innings that sets you on the way to a loss but can't get a win for pitching 4 scorless innings! Still I suppose all rules don't have to make sense. 

It's really a way that the game has failed to adapt. I still know "old-timers" that think W-L record actually matters

11 minutes ago, Chimpton said:

Baseball doesn't make any sense a lot of the time. Part of the intrigue and frustration.