White Sox are Done

korntownballa

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 11:57 PM)
Are you kidding me? He had time to eat a cheeseburger while he stood there waiting for the ball to lazily drop into his mitt.

if he played it like he was expecting the runner to go then he would have had his momentum going forward and probably would have had a much better through

instead he did sit there, and because of that he had to throw flat-footed which affected his strength

if you play catch you can see that the ball goes twice as quick if you get a running start because you generate power out of your legs, instead he threw flat footed and had just his arm to get the ball to the plate, thats why the guy was safe

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 12:00 AM)
if he played it like he was expecting the runner to go then he would have had his momentum going forward and probably would have had a much better through

instead he did sit there, and because of that he had to throw flat-footed which affected his strength

if you play catch you can see that the ball goes twice as quick if you get a running start because you generate power out of your legs, instead he threw flat footed and had just his arm to get the ball to the plate, thats why the guy was safe

Wow. I can't believe you are trying to defend that play. There was no excuse for him to play it the way he did. None whatsoever. He should always assume that the runner will tag up and run. That's what is taught in little league.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 12:01 AM)
Wow. I can't believe you are trying to defend that play. There was no excuse for him to play it the way he did. None whatsoever. He should always assume that the runner will tag up and run. That's what is taught in little league.

I wasn't trying to defend the play, I was defending the fact that it wasn't his arms fault, it was his mental failure to position himself

so I was more or less just saying that I still think he has a good arm, which is probably already the consensus but whatever

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 10:43 PM)
He is an excellent hitter. His defense isn't as good as some are making it out to be. His range is not very good and he is slow.

Jermaine is a good fielder for what he can do. He's not comparable to certain other RFers because of speed, but despite that, he defends what territory he can well and as good as anyone else. (Maybe that makes sense?)

What happened to the "FUSE IS LIT" banner up above the web page? I now see gooch swinging at a pitch above his head! How fitting.............

I thought we would be only 4 games out at the end of the Detroit series. I truly underestimated their impunity. My mistake. I will amend my prediction to 6 games when the Detroit series is over.

Edited by cgaudin

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 03:43 AM)
He is an excellent hitter. His defense isn't as good as some are making it out to be. His range is not very good and he is slow.

He may not be a Torii Hunter or Ken Griffey Jr, but he ain't bad. I have seen some really great catches from Dye and he gives it his all. I know it sometimes is all in the eye of the beholder and I respect your comments, but must respectfully disagree. But, I am sure you disagree with me too. :D

How can anybody complain at all about Jermaine Dye?

What a season!

You know Sox fans are spoiled when there are any complaints about that guy.

There are no perfect ballplayers.

If we had Ryan Howard we'd probably have some complain after he popped up

in the clutch.

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 08:25 AM)
What happened to the "FUSE IS LIT" banner up above the web page? I now see gooch swinging at a pitch above his head! How fitting.............

I thought we would be only 4 games out at the end of the Detroit series. I truly underestimated their impunity. My mistake. I will amend my prediction to 6 games when the Detroit series is over.

I got drunk one night (fri or sat i forget) and called this site out. i log in the next morning and its gone.

This season for the White Sox was so darned important, for a bunch of reasons, the most notable being

the SOX being able to capitalize on having the cities baseball attention, which if anyone noticed, all melted away 2 weeks ago when the Bears started playing. Making the playoffs again, would give the SOX as good a chance as anyone to make an unprecedented (in this town) 2nd World Series appearance.

Disgusting the way this team folded like a cheap card table in Oakland this weekend.

And Karma certainly got Kenny Williams this weekend didnt it?

Who here didnt smile every time Frank Thomas just Jammed It to the SOX this weekend, playing like an MVP and leading his new team ............ bittersweet to say the least. I love Frank Thomas.

QUOTE(SEALgep @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
Dye is an excellent defensive right fielder. I'd sooner but Sweeney in left, than Dye as DH.

That's just wrong. Dye is a slightly above-average RF right now, at best.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 09:49 AM)
This season for the White Sox was so darned important, for a bunch of reasons, the most notable being

the SOX being able to capitalize on having the cities baseball attention, which if anyone noticed, all melted away 2 weeks ago when the Bears started playing. Making the playoffs again, would give the SOX as good a chance as anyone to make an unprecedented (in this town) 2nd World Series appearance.

Disgusting the way this team folded like a cheap card table in Oakland this weekend.

Who here didnt smile every time Frank Thomas just Jammed It to the SOX this weekend, playing like an MVP and leading his new team ............ bittersweet to say the least. I love Frank Thomas.

God, shut up. Kenny Williams did more to bring a championship to the city of Chicago than any other one person.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 01:49 PM)
Who here didnt smile every time Frank Thomas just Jammed It to the SOX this weekend,

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 02:16 PM)
God, shut up. Kenny Williams did more to bring a championship to the city of Chicago than any other one person.

For once, Milkman and I agree 100%. :D

Go root for the Cubs, because after that post, that's all you are worth to me, Hangar.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
How can anybody complain at all about Jermaine Dye?

What a season!

You know Sox fans are spoiled when there are any complaints about that guy.

There are no perfect ballplayers.

If we had Ryan Howard we'd probably have some complain after he popped up

in the clutch.

Because people have the ability to think in a complex manner. This means that Jermaine Dye can be an offensive powerhouse, but also a defensive liability at times. If I were a six-year-old child, I could see how thinking his offensive numbers meant that he was the greatest all-around player in the history of the team.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 08:49 AM)

Well for starters, I would have to say that the people who are Sox fans first didn't smile...

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 08:49 AM)

:huh:

You baffle me.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 09:19 AM)
For once, Milkman and I agree 100%. :D

Go root for the Cubs, because after that post, that's all you are worth to me, Hangar.

Sorry ...........I'm still a FRANK THOMAS FAN, if you couldnt smile watching the Best Sox Hitter ever .....