White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:06 PM)
Why?

There's still another month.

I've been saying this for the past 48 hours. It was simple, we either give up Viciedo to get Dunn or Manny, or we wait to claim someone through waivers.

I'll take the waiver route, and for all the people complaining about trading Hudson, they should be glad that Kenny didn't pull the trigger and give up Viciedo.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)
At least with Cowley, no one actually lets him dictate how they feel. It scares me the amount of people that take Rongey's words as intelligent.

Right, like he totally isn't the Guillens kids b****? I can't believe anyone would ever take anything Cowley said as intelligent.

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:06 PM)
Why?

There's still another month.

I've been saying this for the past 48 hours. It was simple, we either give up Viciedo to get Dunn or Manny, or we wait to claim someone through waivers.

I'll take the waiver route, and for all the people complaining about trading Hudson, they should be glad that Kenny didn't pull the trigger and give up Viciedo.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:08 PM)
You are in the wrong place then... This is either going to keep going until we clinch the division, or for years if we don't.

Oh, it will continue even after we clinch the division.

QUOTE (Mattchoo @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 09:09 PM)
It is more difficult to make a trade you want via the waiver deadline period than simply making the trade before the deadline on the 31st.

Alex Rios says hello.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 08:09 PM)
Right, like he totally isn't the Guillens kids b****? I can't believe anyone would ever take anything Cowley said as intelligent.

Not really sure what your first line means, but I'm of the opinion that both of those individuals are bad at their job.

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
You can easily grab a Luke Scott, LaRoche that way.

I don't really want Luke Scott (assuming he goes unlcaimed, which he really shouldn't), the asking price is ridiculous, that's not going to change a few weeks later. And sure you can grab LaRoche assuming no one claims him and his tiny salary AND the D-backs ask for next to nothing in return.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:11 PM)
Alex Rios says hello.

The Sox wanted the Jays to pick up part of his salary and they just let the Sox assume all of it via the claim. I'm sure KW & Co. were not smiling ear to ear with that news. Sox are extremely fortunate that Rios is having a career year.

You can always get a deal done if you're willing to dramatically overpay.

But that's no way to run a ballclub.

Trading Viciedo to get a rental bat would have been stupid.

So we didn't do it. Get over it people.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 09:13 PM)

Cheers.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:13 PM)

I totally agree with everything you said. My whole problem is that we traded Hudson and Holmberg for Jackson while not addressing hitting. Why couldn't we have used Hudson, Holmberg, and one more prospect for something better.

QUOTE (Mattchoo @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:15 PM)
I totally agree with everything you said. My whole problem is that we traded Hudson and Holmberg for Jackson while not addressing hitting. Why couldn't we have used Hudson, Holmberg, and one more prospect for something better.

If they really felt they could really upgrade the offense for that package, they would have. I haven't seen any of the left handed powerhitters prices that looked like they fit that.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:13 PM)

The failure was going with Kotsay as a DH to begin with. I just think its time for people to stop thinking the Sox can go pick someone up near the deadline. Its a little more complicated than that.

If no one wants to trade the first couple months of the season and prices are too high at the deadline, its time to stack your team in the offseason.