Teahen Vs. Oney on Twitter

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 05:02 PM)
The Guillens are rednecks. They are people who came from nothing and got rich but don't know how to handle it and the stench of piss still stays with them.

Spoken anonymously on the Internet.

This statement really enhances discussion.

Guillen is not a redneck. I like his passion when he fights back and says how rich he is. He's one of those rare managers/coaches who is willing to say anything interesting. How many are there willing to stand up for themselves?

There was Ditka. There's Ozzie. Piniella was colorful. Some of them were back in the day like Weaver, Lasorda

Most are plastic puppets. I love Ozzie's feistiness.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 01:20 PM)

Guillen is not a redneck. I like his passion when he fights back and says how rich he is. He's one of those rare managers/coaches who is willing to say anything interesting. How many are there willing to stand up for themselves?

There was Ditka. There's Ozzie. Piniella was colorful. Some of them were back in the day like Weaver, Lasorda

I love winning more, and winning with class.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 12:20 PM)

This seriously reads like something spit out of some sort of cliche machine.

I will say I feel kind of bad for Ozzie Jr. Seems like he's the normal one of the family.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 07:20 PM)

Ozzie is all talk. He's an absolute coward on the field. Examples are not benching players when they don't hustle to not retaliating when his players get hit. For all the talk about how "crazy" he is, he's a pretty damn conservative manager.

What happens to Oney when Ozzie goes to Florida and there's no market for his ancillary thoughts in Miami? Quite literally, nobody cares about baseball and thus there's no hoopla or press to follow his every tweet.

In all seriousness, does he then go even farther in an attempt to gain the spotlight? Does he call Hanley out? Does he bring his personal rants to all players in an attempt to gain the national media? If this happened, Ozzie Guillen would never work in the MLB again, and sadly he doesn't yet understand that. If the national media decided to run with one story on the familyand their , he'd be toast, and they've already been toeing the fine line for too long.

Has this lovely conversation with Mr. Oney today, thought I would share:

Me: @cst_Cowley Any thoughts on the @Oneyguillen and @ESPY_TEAHEN feud?

Oney: no such thing

Me: that's not what I read: http://t.co/zXIhfy6

Oney: perception isn't reality

Me: then please tell me what the reality is.

Oney: why would I do that? Ur that important?

Me: Just trying to get the facts and understand some tweets that were made by you (that have now been deleted) and him.

Oney: don't lose sleep over it. Not ur concern

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

This is sad.

We've reached the point where the best chance of regime change is taunting Ozzie's son in order to set off a string of events with his father that leads to him losing his job.

It's just not the right way for him to leave the Sox, but I guess there's no other ending to this story than ugliness and recriminations.

You know KW will never be able to stay quiet or take the high road. It's not in his DNA.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 11:02 AM)
The Guillens are rednecks. They are people who came from nothing and got rich but don't know how to handle it and the stench of piss still stays with them.

i thought white people are called rednecks?? ^_^

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 11:29 AM)
Maybe the 'stench of piss' comment was out of line, but I've seen people like this before. I'm all for giving people a fair shake, but the Gullens have NO CLASS, NONE, ZERO, ZILCH...their sense of entitlement and their mode of arrogance is just breathtaking. It's one thing for Ozzie to brag about his wealth, which is categorically pathetic, but for his son to act like just as big of an ass tells me the issues are endemic to the entire family.

But I'll still say my SOP comment could have also been handled better. My point about the SOP is they are wealthy now, but they are still rednecks (redneck doesn't have to be Southern White either).

never mind, found it lol

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 01:33 PM)
Ozzie is all talk. He's an absolute coward on the field. Examples are not benching players when they don't hustle to not retaliating when his players get hit. For all the talk about how "crazy" he is, he's a pretty damn conservative manager.

Ding, ding and might I add ding.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 02:11 PM)
IIRC we play the Jays at home the last series of the year, which are surely to be meaningless games. If Teahen sniffs the field somehow don't be surprised if Ozzie calls to drill him as his parting gift to Teahen and this organization on his way out the door. There is my "bold" prediction for the rest of the year.

What'd really be funny is the Sox pitcher ignores the order to plunk Teahen.

QUOTE (Allsox @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 04:25 PM)
What'd really be funny is the Sox pitcher ignores the order to plunk Teahen.

I can't imagine a Sox pitcher actually obeying such an order. Even if the pitcher otherwise likes Guillen, why would he care about sending a message to a well-liked former teamate for getting into a spat with Oney? Doesn't make sense.

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 05:33 PM)
I can't imagine a Sox pitcher actually obeying such an order. Even if the pitcher otherwise likes Guillen, why would he care about sending a message to a well-liked former teamate for getting into a spat with Oney? Doesn't make sense.

He could always have a rookie do it.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 03:49 PM)
If Ozzie gives that order, whomever the Sox pitcher is should lob a lollipop at Teahen. When asked about it after the game he should say, "I had to follow my manager's orders, but my heart wasn't in it."

I was thinking that he'd call one of the September call ups at that point and have them drill Teahen. Someone who wouldn't dare challenge the boss. Just a thought, would be interesting if the situation presented itself and Ozzie knew he was on his way out the door.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 12:02 PM)

Just the type of poster people want around here.... Nice post.... NOT

Yeah a Latino redneck, that's kinda new to me

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 04:47 PM)
I definitely thought Tracey had what it takes to be at least a decent reliever, but I must have been wrong seeing as he's never made it with anyone.

He had a bad injury not long after Ozzie was the biggest ass in the world to him.

Let me reiterate the Ozzie Jr. appreciation. I once heard him on the Score, he knows his stuff and is generally well spoken.

f*** Oney though.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 11:29 AM)
Maybe the 'stench of piss' comment was out of line, but I've seen people like this before. I'm all for giving people a fair shake, but the Gullens have NO CLASS, NONE, ZERO, ZILCH...their sense of entitlement and their mode of arrogance is just breathtaking. It's one thing for Ozzie to brag about his wealth, which is categorically pathetic, but for his son to act like just as big of an ass tells me the issues are endemic to the entire family.

But I'll still say my SOP comment could have also been handled better. My point about the SOP is they are wealthy now, but they are still rednecks (redneck doesn't have to be Southern White either).

I can see it. He's uneducated, ignorant, and extremely arrogant. I've grown extremely tired of his crap over the last couple years. The problem is, I don't think it's an act, either. I really think Ozzie IS that ignorant and stupid. If he wasn't managing the White Sox for the last several years, he'd probably be broke, and living back in Venezuela. Oney is just a product of Ozzie's ignorance and lack of education.

QUOTE (Paulie4Pres @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 12:23 AM)
I can see it. He's uneducated, ignorant, and extremely arrogant. I've grown extremely tired of his crap over the last couple years. The problem is, I don't think it's an act, either. I really think Ozzie IS that ignorant and stupid. If he wasn't managing the White Sox for the last several years, he'd probably be broke, and living back in Venezuela. Oney is just a product of Ozzie's ignorance and lack of education.

Your last sentence is just ignorant IMO.

Give me a break.

You don't know squat about Ozzie's intelligence or anything like that and it is stupid to rail against him like that.

He IS a major league manager, one of thoe most desired jobs in the world as baseball still is our pastime even though football is bigger now.

How the f*** do you know Ozzie would be broke if he wasn't a big league manager? That's ignorant IMO. Some people act like Ozzie is this big clown who knows nothing about baseball. Hate to break it to you, but he does know a lot about baseball. It has been his life.

And do you want to bet me he'll be in baseball as long as he wants to? Florida next several years, then who knows where else. And everybody should be happy cause our next manager will not be outspoken and will be closer to Bev in that regard than Ozzie. You can hate Ozzie for his candor. Some of us appreciate his candor.

Edited by greg775