Jump to content
Kyyle23

Sports Media discussion

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

This.  Totally this.  No one is under any obligation to respond to this kind of stuff, especially when it turns into harassment.  No answer is an answer.  I am guessing not a one of you answers your phone every time it rings, or every spam email you get, right?  There is zero obligation for her to answer as well.

Harassment? Give me a break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody listening to the SCORE this week from Arizona?  The commercials advertise from Cubs AND Sox camp.

I haven't heard ANY White Sox discussion this week, and every show has been done from Sloan Park.

Edited by Donaldo
unfinished

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Donaldo said:

Anybody listening to the SCORE this week from Arizona?  The commercials advertise from Cubs AND Sox camp.

I haven't heard ANY White Sox discussion this week, and every show has been done from Sloan Park.

Yes, I have been listening to SCORE HOUSE this week. It is almost entirely pro Cub with no White Sox coverage. It is almost like talking to 670 is frowned upon and the White Sox interviews are always early in the morning.

They could also make SCORE HOUSE so much better by having the guys broadcast all together with “Can’t Do It” or maybe drunken debauchery with everyone on the evening shows. The video stream is more fun to watch than listening to the crap that has been on. I’m still not a fan of the new Score lineup and miss Spiegs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Yes, I have been listening to SCORE HOUSE this week. It is almost entirely pro Cub with no White Sox coverage. It is almost like talking to 670 is frowned upon and the White Sox interviews are always early in the morning.

They could also make SCORE HOUSE so much better by having the guys broadcast all together with “Can’t Do It” or maybe drunken debauchery with everyone on the evening shows. The video stream is more fun to watch than listening to the crap that has been on. I’m still not a fan of the new Score lineup and miss Spiegs.

I miss Spiegs too. I honestly haven't listened to it in a long time. 

And it makes you think if it would be different if they landed a whale this offseason...me thinks so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went through a similar situation with Barstool. In 2016 they stole a video of mine without crediting me. I both emailed them and messaged them asking them for credit, received no response.

So a few months later I filed a DMCA strike on them. Sure enough, they emailed me the next day and seemed pretty desperate. I handled it much differently than this person did and we eventually came to an agreement, but they clearly steal content and then don't care to give credit (despite requests to do so) until they get a strike on them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another dumb move from Jimmy DeCastro: https://670thescore.radio.com/670-the-score-expand-daily-lineup-laurence-holmes-shift-day

Why cut the midday’s shift when their analytical content makes me learn more about sports analytics? It’s much better than listening to McNeil and Parkins in the afternoon talk about gambling and weed. My fear is that a neutered Bernstein is on his way out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Another dumb move from Jimmy DeCastro: https://670thescore.radio.com/670-the-score-expand-daily-lineup-laurence-holmes-shift-day

Why cut the midday’s shift when their analytical content makes me learn more about sports analytics? It’s much better than listening to McNeil and Parkins in the afternoon talk about gambling and weed. My fear is that a neutered Bernstein is on his way out.

I hope not. Dan Bernstein is my favorite host on the radio. It would be a dark day for Chicago sports talk if he got whacked. He's helped make me a better fan over the years. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Beast said:

Another dumb move from Jimmy DeCastro: https://670thescore.radio.com/670-the-score-expand-daily-lineup-laurence-holmes-shift-day

Why cut the midday’s shift when their analytical content makes me learn more about sports analytics? It’s much better than listening to McNeil and Parkins in the afternoon talk about gambling and weed. My fear is that a neutered Bernstein is on his way out.

Oh god, please get rid of Bernstein. Can't stand his pompous and elitist ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Oh god, please get rid of Bernstein. Can't stand his pompous and elitist ass.

Have you listened recently? I used to be a Dan hater but he is actually one of the better hosts. He and McKnight bring actual analytical content as opposed to the garbage we hear in the afternoons. The old Bernstein who used to beat up callers is gone. I like the in depth coverage they do on stories, even if I loathe the Midday Midway.

That station is neutering him and some of their other hosts and are empowering crappy programming in the afternoons. I love Mac, but there’s not enough sports compared to movies, weed and gambling. And for those who were upset by the political slant the station had or has when politics are intertwined with sports, they can go up the dial and shove it up their ass.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, The Beast said:

Another dumb move from Jimmy DeCastro: https://670thescore.radio.com/670-the-score-expand-daily-lineup-laurence-holmes-shift-day

Why cut the midday’s shift when their analytical content makes me learn more about sports analytics? It’s much better than listening to McNeil and Parkins in the afternoon talk about gambling and weed. My fear is that a neutered Bernstein is on his way out.

Laurence is no slouch when it comes to analytics.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, shipps said:

Laurence is no slouch when it comes to analytics.  

My point isn’t about Laurence, it’s about taking away time from Bernstein and McKnight. I’m glad Laurence will be on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Beast said:

My point isn’t about Laurence, it’s about taking away time from Bernstein and McKnight. I’m glad Laurence will be on.

If they replaced that hour of Bernstein and McKnight with someone who was not analytical, which you implied you would be missing out on, then I could see your point. But they didn’t, that hour is replaced with Laurence who is also analytical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shipps said:

If they replaced that hour of Bernstein and McKnight with someone who was not analytical, which you implied you would be missing out on, then I could see your point. But they didn’t, that hour is replaced with Laurence who is also analytical. 

Ok. I guess I’m more bothered that Bernstein is getting neutered.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Beast said:

Ok. I guess I’m more bothered that Bernstein is getting neutered.

Agreed. If Bernstein isn't able to tell ppl they're idiots, then it ruins his schtick. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×