flavum

Dodgers aggressively pursuing Alexei

Sox do have a track record of dealing with both GMs so hopefully out of the blue

Edited by TheTruth05

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 11:27 PM)
Wonder how we could possibly work Dee Gordon out of this. Send the Phillies Montas + maybe?

I'll be disappointed if Micah Johnson can't put up similar numbers (outside of stolen bases) as Gordon in a few years. Montas is more valuable, IMO.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 04:34 PM)
I'll be disappointed if Micah Johnson can't put up similar numbers (outside of stolen bases) as Gordon in a few years. Montas is more valuable, IMO.

Yeah, Dee Gordon doesn't excite me that much. Nice player but if the Sox bring in a 2B, I hope it's someone who is like really really good.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 04:31 PM)
Dodgers get Jimmy Rollins

Phillies get Montas, Carlos Sanchez, Zach Lee

Sox get Dee Gordon

???

They're saying Phillies will get two minor league pitchers.

The Dodgers still need to move an outfielder or two. Apparently, they didn't accomplish that in this trade.

The Sox couldn't really afford to move Alexei, so maybe it's a good thing that the Dodgers acquired their SS, without

moving an outfielder. That has to still be on their agenda. What else could L. A. use, in exchange?

Edited by Lillian

QUOTE (Lillian @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 04:50 PM)
The Dodgers still need to move an outfielder or two. Apparently, they didn't accomplish that in this trade.

Yeah, would have been intriguing for the Sox to get involved here, but it doesn't appear to be the case.

LAD still needs to move Kemp, Ethier or Crawford..

Looks like Dee Gordon is headed to Miami now as well. Heaney going back to LAD.

Edited by ChiSox59

I guess Dodgers traded Dee Gordon and Dan Haren for one of Marlins top prospects (top 50 pitching prospect in baseball). Presuming he still counts as prospect despite making 7 or 8 big league starts a year ago.

So wait....Dodgers give up Dee Gordon for Jimmy Rollins or are they getting more than that?

Separate deals. Got Rollins from PHI and shipped Gordon to MIA.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 05:52 PM)
I guess Dodgers traded Dee Gordon and Dan Haren for one of Marlins top prospects (top 50 pitching prospect in baseball). Presuming he still counts as prospect despite making 7 or 8 big league starts a year ago.

Heaney is a stud and Haren won't even play for them. Not a good move by the Fish

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 05:52 PM)

Marlins must have LOVED Gordon... They are idiots.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 07:19 PM)
If Haren retires wouldn't the trade be voided ?

I would doubt it. That's his prerogative, and Marlins knew that possibility....or it's possible they were just doing the Dodgers a favor.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 07:21 PM)
I would doubt it. That's his prerogative, and Marlins knew that possibility....or it's possible they were just doing the Dodgers a favor.

Possible. The Dodgers are picking up his tab.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 05:04 PM)
Marlins must have LOVED Gordon... They are idiots.

Yeah, I really can't rationalize the trade at all. Especially when you factor in Haren and his 10M contract.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 07:36 PM)
Yeah, I really can't rationalize the trade at all. Especially when you factor in Haren and his 10M contract.

Dodgers paying entire salary on Haren