Sox Actively Shopping Viciedo

Heads22

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The M's must not really want Viciedo. They have been rumored to Liking him for how long now?...and never pulled the trigger. Either the Sox are asking for a way too much in return and wont budge or they just don't like him as much as the rumor mill has indicated and don't even want him.

He isn't going to the Mariners. It would have been done by now if he was.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 12:37 PM)
Now that the Mariners are out for Viciedo. I think Houston makes the most sense for him.

His defense wouldn't show as much with that short porch in LF, and his power would look pretty good there.

I think a Viciedo, Nieto, Beck deal would net Castro. Thoughts?

I really dont know If that would be enough.

Edited by peavy44

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 01:16 PM)
I agree. But I think something around Viciedo and Nieto could get them talking.

Try Viciedo and Montas. There is almost no market for Viciedo, and he could be had for less after DFA'd. Castro is a candidate for a bounce back season at a premium position.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 01:54 PM)
Reds could be a fit, as they still don't have a left fielder (and Hamilton's speed can help with Viciedo's lack of range in LF).

They COULD look for Viciedo to bridge that 1 year gap to Jesse Winkler, but I wouldn't count on it.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 02:51 PM)
Try Viciedo and Montas. There is almost no market for Viciedo, and he could be had for less after DFA'd. Castro is a candidate for a bounce back season at a premium position.

Why is Castro, who is 2 years older and, other than 1 year, been a worse offensive player than Dayan a bounce back candidate but Viciedo is not?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 04:11 PM)
If Viciedo played catcher, this conversation wouldn't be happening.

bingo. This isn't the sillyball era but if you're -10 runs below average in LF you sure as s*** better slash 270/330/450. Tank didn't even come close to that last year. His power does not make up for his lack of contact and OBP, not to even mention his defense.

Tank sucks, he's only useful to a team rebuilding or looking to add a .5 WAR player to their bench that has a bit of upside. Those teams exists, but it's not an easy fit.