2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has other faults, but the biggest problem with Hoiberg is development. Gar/Pax has done him no favors by crafting a team that really isn't in his style. But the guys closest to his style haven't developed. Niko has gone backwards. Mc ermott has his moments but is still inconsistent, and may be one of the worst defenders of all time, Valentine has been hurt but doesn't seem to have much of a clue.

The bench is bad but isn't at least part of that on the coachand/or his staff?

I doubt they launch Fred. I think Gar is running out of buddies who could pass as an NBA coach, and even if he has one or two left, it would probably be another downgrade.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 17, 2016 -> 02:35 PM)
He has other faults, but the biggest problem with Hoiberg is development. Gar/Pax has done him no favors by crafting a team that really isn't in his style. But the guys closest to his style haven't developed. Niko has gone backwards. Mc ermott has his moments but is still inconsistent, and may be one of the worst defenders of all time, Valentine has been hurt but doesn't seem to have much of a clue.

The bench is bad but isn't at least part of that on the coachand/or his staff?

I doubt they launch Fred. I think Gar is running out of buddies who could pass as an NBA coach, and even if he has one or two left, it would probably be another downgrade.

They definitely won't launch Fred. He's their guy. (3 stooges) I wonder what happens with Mirotic, removed from rotation then doesn't show up for team walk through. 2 games in a row DNP.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 08:52 AM)
The idea of Forman hiring ANOTHER coach is nauseating. If Hoiberg goes, Gar goes down with the ship.

I agree. I can't see Hoiberg going by himself. If Hoiberg goes, I presume Gar goes too. I don't think Paxson goes. The real question is, does Paxson take over GM reigns and hire next coach or does he stay as president and hire a new GM and coach.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 10:52 AM)
The idea of Forman hiring ANOTHER coach is nauseating. If Hoiberg goes, Gar goes down with the ship.

IMO Forman has to go first. This is his frankensteins monster, his creation, all of it. Hoiberg has 3 1/2 more years of pay, and after JR sucked up an extra year of paying Thibs, i doubt he wants to be paying Hoiberg to chill out while he is paying another coach.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 11:57 AM)
NBA season doesn't really become important until after Christmas. This is about what I expected prior to their scorching first 3 games.

But their bench is as terrible as I imagined.

NBA season really doesn't become important until the playoffs anymore.

The Bulls may make the playoffs, but they will be eliminated in short order if they do. Just another unremarkable very profitable year for them.

It would be nice if they had the balls to fire not only Gar, but Pax as well. This isn't a case of Gar screws everything up, Pax is a genius. He has been around a long time, and has failed. He has unconditional love for any player he drafts, and unconditional hatred eventually for any coach he hires. I really thought he would be a good exec, but he sucks. Hoiberg can go to, but if Gar or Pax is still around, what's the point?

Clean house or bust, but it won't happen, they are printing money.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 10:56 AM)
I agree. I can't see Hoiberg going by himself. If Hoiberg goes, I presume Gar goes too. I don't think Paxson goes. The real question is, does Paxson take over GM reigns and hire next coach or does he stay as president and hire a new GM and coach.

I think Reinsdorf will keep Paxson in his current role. Although I believe he should be fired.

Also, Paxson isn't the president. He is "executive vp of basketball ops". Michael Reinsdorf is the president.

Edited by ozzfest

QUOTE (ozzfest @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 03:22 PM)
I think Reinsdorf will keep Paxson in his current role. Although I believe he should be fired.

Also, Paxson isn't the president. He is "executive vp of basketball ops". Michael Reinsdorf is the president.

Paxson like Kenny Williams has a job for life as long as JR is around.

Paxson, like Kenny Williams, tried to quit, but JR wouldn't let him. In addition to that, Gar will never get fired because his and his wife's relationship with Michael Reinsdorf and his wife. Hell, Gar's wife runs Chicago Bulls charities with Michael's wife. They're all best friends. It'll take a year at least of Bulls fans chanting "Fire Forman" for them to even consider it. Most Bulls fans don't know who's really running the show, so that chant won't be started.

God I hate the Bulls. Love the NBA. Hate the Bulls. Hate the front office. Hell, I hate most of the fans. Bulls fans make me sick and should be ashamed of themselves and disposed of somehow. "not everything is about athleticism and 3-point shooting." "being fundamentally sound and having IQ is important too." I'm not saying anybody here is saying that. But i've heard/read nonsense like the quoted on radio and other bulls sites, etc. They are so irrelevant and behind the times right now it's depressing. The Bulls would be out of the playoffs if the season ended today. And they need to stay out of the playoffs. This upcoming draft projects to be one of the best in at least half a decade. Why is Wade even here? Why did they sign Rondo? Niko/Doug are defensive liabilities in the modern nba and aren't even that good at what they're supposed to be good at. SMH. This is one sorry ass organization. But hooray for 7th/8th seed.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 26, 2016 -> 07:51 AM)
God I hate the Bulls. Love the NBA. Hate the Bulls. Hate the front office. Hell, I hate most of the fans. Bulls fans make me sick and should be ashamed of themselves and disposed of somehow. "not everything is about athleticism and 3-point shooting." "being fundamentally sound and having IQ is important too." I'm not saying anybody here is saying that. But i've heard/read nonsense like the quoted on radio and other bulls sites, etc. They are so irrelevant and behind the times right now it's depressing. The Bulls would be out of the playoffs if the season ended today. And they need to stay out of the playoffs. This upcoming draft projects to be one of the best in at least half a decade. Why is Wade even here? Why did they sign Rondo? Niko/Doug are defensive liabilities in the modern nba and aren't even that good at what they're supposed to be good at. SMH. This is one sorry ass organization. But hooray for 7th/8th seed.

I echo your sentiments

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 26, 2016 -> 08:12 AM)
And don't tell me the Celtics wouldn't seriously consider that. Butler with Horford and IT? They could legitimately challenge Cleveland for the conference title.

It seems like a match that painfully makes sense for both sides.

I wish we'd had the pieces to fleece the Nets like the Celtics did. The entire organization should be arrested for rape.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 26, 2016 -> 08:25 AM)
It seems like a match that painfully makes sense for both sides.

I wish we'd had the pieces to fleece the Nets like the Celtics did. The entire organization should be arrested for rape.

Not sure what the situation is as far as matching salaries or whatever (zoom). Now this is the LeBron James era. I can accept coming up short against him. But the way it's going we're going to be coming up short against the likes of Giannis/Parker/Middelton and Embiid/Simmons and whatever potential stud they draft from this loaded upcoming class.