Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. Bepis83 changed their profile photo
  3. Willing to give Castillo this off-season to work through his kinks. As far as free agent pitchers go, I love the idea of Michael King. He's a dog, especially in the playoffs. Yeah, Skubal would be great but I do have questions about how the injury will play out long term, especially given the experimental nature of the surgery he had. Would also be willing to see what we could get for Kay in a trade.
  4. Well if we play Tampa you could probably fly to Tampa and buy a playoff suite for same price
  5. The other coach on my son’s team is a cle fan. He was super down - which i loved. but I also said how I still kinda feel deep down - that Cleveland loves giving us an early lead only to snatch it away last minute. But that said I fucking love being in the playoffs. Last year watching the World Series I kept thinking how awesome baseball is now and how much it sucked the white Sox weren’t a real baseball team. I wanted Murakami so bad just to proved we existed. Boy howdy.
  6. Forced to root for the Yankees because if we go to NY, I do have a ticket for one of the games.
  7. White Sox have something the Guardians don't. The experience of winning a playoff series. 😂
  8. I am holding out for the WS. jk I’m so mad I bungled this. Been swamped and missed the Sox partner emails and just can’t throw down these numbers in October before Christmas… But we will see. Still think a miracle shows up. And I use game time app. I don’t like concept of the resellers who are just market making and don’t have the actual tickets.
  9. Sometime during the Royals series, I managed to snag 3 tickets for my Dad, brother, and I for game 3 of the ALDS at $102 apiece. Taking Amtrak from New Mexico to Union Station for the game - hopefully the inevitable delay isn't too long. Looking at resale sites, comparable sets of 3 seats are listed for (not selling for, but listed for) around $600 apiece now - super glad I managed to snag these tickets!
  10. Sandlin, Kay and Burke are the only two guys I think you can rely on next year for a full season of innings, maybe Sandlin needs some help getting to the end, not sure what his max amount of innings was coming into this year but he looks ready to be, at worst, an SP4 I don't bring back Davis Martin unless he's your SP5
  11. I'll be at Game 3 on Wednesday and got tix for Games 4 and 5 of the ALCS if those happen. Can't wait for Wednesday!
  12. Sox could get a haul for Grant Taylor, if they aren't sold on him being able to absorb a starter's innings for a full season, trading him this off season could help you find that next potential 2 SP and maybe more, I'm not suggesting they trade him but if someone blows you away you gotta consider it
  13. Today

  14. Texsox changed their profile photo
  15. Feels like the adherence to strict pitch counts kind of led us down this path. Nobody cared in the 90s, guys were throwing 150 pitch complete games and that’s just how it was. It started to change and pitch counts became a thing, and fans all started complaining about the lack of toughness of new players but what it really was, was teams trying to protect their investments. At this point it just kind of feels like a natural evolution to this point, teams are just trying to dominate sections of games with multiple pitchers instead of the entire game with one
  16. Drew Thorpe and Shane Smith are possibles though will need innings monitored. Fedde has had little success away from the Sox. Would he accept a compete or swing role? Newcombe was huge this year until late. I think he ran out of gas but they should try to bring him back in his swing role. Guys probably are willing to accept these roles better on a winning club.
  17. Brewers Miz just went 4 innings..a mere 4 outs more than hagen smith. Padres starter went 3 innings. Braves went with an opener again..they did it vs Phillies in clincher also. Skubal went 6 for dodgers Rassmussen went 8+ for rays. Kohl went 7 for Yankees. Starting pitching is scarce,I guess, or using openers is good strategy?
  18. This might be the worst post I've read in a while.
  19. I think you nailed it for now until unforeseen circumstances develop.
  20. I may grab a 20 game plan for next year. Wish there was a 10 game plan. I've had these types of plans for about 30 years stopped around 2016.
  21. Sounds to me like Papa Schnee has already taken the first step down the panic trail.
  22. Most likely. It would be a let down. Not a deal breaker for fans. However this would not be cool. There are too many known unknowns for me, with a team that should legitimately be expected to contend for a World Series championship. They should aggressively put a big dog on the staff by any means necessary in place of one of those names.
  23. I was going to make a post about this after the post season but Grant Taylor is pitching/has pitched his way into the rotation. He’ll probably be on the 2024 Crochet plan and have his innings monitored carefully. Hagen probably takes Taylor’s high leverage role in the pen. The Sox need to sign AT LEAST one starter, ideally someone who can slot in at the TOR, a proven innings eater to help insulate the rotation and the bullpen. I also think they should get a proven closer as well. Rotation is probably Burke/Martin/Schultz/Taylor+Castillo/FA Sandlin moving into the rotation wouldn’t surprise me. The team should keep employing the opener, but they do need proven inning eaters.
  24. This is the key point. Every pitcher who went to the mound Saturday for the Guardians had an amazing ERA. They just can’t hit.
  25. such a great game. Was there in left field — Mune’s homer really took the air out of the crowd and it never returned. The vibes weren’t great in general for the home team. Didn’t help that we just ground them into dust the whole game of course ;)
  26. The pitching model where teams use an Opener for 2 or 3 innings and then bullpen the rest, can work for a few games, even in the playoffs. So Venable has used mid-rotation starters as bulk relievers to bridge the gap and turn the ball over to the higher leverage relievers in late innings. There are some disadvantages such as overworking the bullpen, but there are some advantages like playing match-ups and giving hitters different looks from different pitchers throughout a game. Also, taking a starter out after two times through the order can avoid hitters get dialed in on them
  27. Three factoids today: October 4, 1948 - Chuck Comiskey III was named vice president of the White Sox. He refused to see the team continue to be the laughingstock of the American League and immediately began to take steps to change things on and off the field. Those changes started to bear fruit during the 1951 season as the Sox vaulted into contention in the American League. For the next 17 seasons, through the end of the 1967 campaign, the White Sox produced a winning record and were usually in the running for the pennant, winning it in 1959. October 4, 1981 - Jerry Hairston’s grand slam helped beat the Twins 13-12 setting off Bill Veeck’s original exploding scoreboard for the last time. The blast came off future White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper. The Sox trailed in the game 12-5 before scoring eight unanswered runs in the final two innings with Hairston driving home the game winner. The victory gave the Sox their first winning year since 1977 at 54-52. The game also marked the end of broadcaster Harry Caray’s association with the Sox after 11 seasons. October 4, 2005 – The White Sox opened the divisional playoffs against the Red Sox at home in U.S. Cellular Field before a capacity crowd…and they did it with a bang, blasting Boston 14-2. The White Sox hit five home runs in the game, an A.L.D.S. record. The home runs were hit by Paul Konerko, Juan Uribe, Scott Podsednik and two by A.J. Pierzynski.
  28. HRs continue to play in the postseason
  29. Then they should not be called starters. They are long relievers.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.