Everything posted by Baseball Gal
-
Red Sox @ White Sox 6/24/23 3:10pm
I have not been able to find the origin for "gork shot" anywhere
-
This team is going to lose 90 plus games...
I'd try to get something similar to the Sale/Quintana/Eaton deals. Those were good at the time but it's a shame Giolito has been the most consistent player. Nobody knew those guys were all gonna get hurt and lose their talent.
-
This team is going to lose 90 plus games...
You think they're going to win anything by the end of Robert's deal? I don't.
-
This team is going to lose 90 plus games...
Why keep Robert, Cease and Kopech? I could squint and see why to keep Robert but Cease and Kopech are gone in two years anyway, and Robert is gone at the end of his deal so what is the point?
-
Now injured: Crochet
In a normal year he would have had his innings at least built up a bit. It is possible that he got injured again and became reliever only. Based on the info they had at the time I think it was a worthwhile gamble. They lost on him, it's ok. He was throwing 100 mph from the left side, those guys don't grow on trees.
-
Now injured: Crochet
I really liked him coming out and was excited when they drafted him. It didn't work but it's a gamble you take where they were in that draft. In a normal year Crochet wouldn't even have been available at 11.
-
White Sox’ trade-deadline decisions will depend on ability to compete in playoffs, not just for AL Central crown
They need to fire Hahn and Grifol first. Then they can sell.
-
White Sox’ trade-deadline decisions will depend on ability to compete in playoffs, not just for AL Central crown
I think it's very possible the ALC winner has 79 wins.
-
White Sox’ trade-deadline decisions will depend on ability to compete in playoffs, not just for AL Central crown
Robert signed 8 years when he came up. He has 4.5 years left on that deal. He's about at max value rn. I'd wait until this winter for Cease and maybe hang on to Kopech until the 2024 TDL when he's more established. I think Cease will pitch better to close out the year and have the 2nd best stats of his career.
-
White Sox’ trade-deadline decisions will depend on ability to compete in playoffs, not just for AL Central crown
I hope they go on a 14 game losing streak or something so they can't delude themselves. And there's really no way they can justify building around Cease/Kopech/Robert next year either. Those guys should be traded too. I wouldn't trade them until the winter though.
-
Sox vs. Seamen, Sunday version
Robert and Jimenez suck. Anyone on the 26 man with value to other teams should be traded.
-
Sox vs. Seamen, Sunday version
I spoke too soon.
-
Sox vs. Seamen, Sunday version
Is it possible Lynn gets his s%*# together enough to return something at the TDL?
-
Sox vs. Seamen, Sunday version
Where has this been from Lynn?
-
6/18 Games
Is Montgomery going to play at all this year? If he's having back issues already that's no bueno.
-
LA Times assesses White Sox/Dodgers trade possibilities
I'm at the point where I'm completely over this team and I want the entire 26 man roster turned over.
-
Unwinding The Crochet Puzzle
Based on Balta's normal TJS timeline that he did research on, he probably shouldn't be pitching until August.
-
Sox @ Dodgers 9:10
The Sox totally mismanaged Crochet. It's crazy how many talented players they've ruined over the last few years.
-
Lance Lynn
I'd rather see Burke get lit up every 5th day than Lynn. At least Burke throws 96 mph
-
All-Star balloting, Burger/Grandal #10 at DH/C
It's crazy how Moncada's talent just evaporated. Ball used to explode off his bat.
-
Fire Rick Hahn
- Athletic fired Fegan in Jun23, now hired with Sox Machine
Not really, when teams deny media members access for asking tough questions(aka doing their job) Most beat writers stuff is rah rah fluff, rather than asking why the f*** Hahn still has a job. I want one person to go up to Hahn at his next presser and state the following: You said that if you thought you were the wrong guy for the job, you'd resign. When are you handing in your resignation letter?- 6/8 Sox @ Yankees Doubleheader Game 1 3:05PM CT
If Moncada is hitting .260+ with a .750+ OPS he's solid with the defense he plays. Like what he did in 2021 is fine. Just not worth $24M.- 6/8 Sox @ Yankees Doubleheader Game 1 3:05PM CT
Keuchel part deux. He has just lost it.- 6/8 Sox @ Yankees Doubleheader Game 1 3:05PM CT
Outside of Robert and Burger, it's pretty much an entire team of Slappy McSlappersons. - Athletic fired Fegan in Jun23, now hired with Sox Machine