Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Username @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 08:48 AM)
Love this idea ^. I think a huge Q and Abreu package makes so much sense for both teams. Rodgers and some of their other big prospects are totally blocked by that infield and outfield logjam.

Plus Q with 4 cheap years of control is consistent with their window.

Q and Abreu for Rogers/Dahl and mid- level MiLB pitcher?

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 08:53 AM)
Rodgers or Dahl, or Rodgers AND Dahl?

No way they trade both players

I'm thinking Rogers and Dahl if the Rockies wanted both Q and Abreu. If that doesn't fly with the Rockies then I wish them well in their search because in the end, it would be better for the Sox to trade Q and Abreu in separate deals anyway.

Just a fun thought while we wait for the next trade.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 09:09 AM)
I think you would take that. Having said that, I'd like to get a hold of Bird.

Having 4 of the top 30 prospects in baseball would be an amazing start to a rebuild, although I don't see the Yankees being interested in trading their future away

If I can't get very close to the same value for Sale as Quintana (especially with 4 years of cheap control) then I won't trade him

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 09:16 AM)
In a heartbeat. But it seems NY is attempting a different approach with holding onto prospects at this point.

The Yankees farm system is so stacked. I could see them being an excellent team in 3-4 years at this rate coupled with a few free agent signings

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:17 PM)
The Yankees farm system is so stacked. I could see them being an excellent team in 3-4 years at this rate coupled with a few free agent signings

They don't have the pitching. Truthfully, I think they have enough bats to compete this year, but their pitching is so bad that it doesn't matter. Quintana makes sense for them. I just don't think a trade can work out. The Sox would need Torres in a deal like that and I don' think the do it. They would prob offer Judge/Rutherford and I don't think Hahn accepts that either.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 10:26 AM)
whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 27s27 seconds ago

Quintana was on that "Sox on the Beach" trip with Ron Kittle and Harold Barnes and apparently just left early

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 20s20 seconds ago

Disclaimer I have no idea what this means but f*** it let's get weird

Hahn on MLB Network talked about Kopech being part of the front of the rotation with Rodon someday. No mention of Q. It's going to happen, just a matter of when.

You would think they established names available with Sale, so they can get a deal done sooner than later.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 09:24 AM)
Done, but I love Rutherford. I still think there'd be a fourth piece a la Diaz.

Wasn't sure about a fourth piece given the names I threw out there but I'll happily take that fourth piece. Are you talking about Andy Diaz?

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 10:29 AM)
Hahn on MLB Network talked about Kopech being part of the front of the rotation with Rodon someday. No mention of Q. It's going to happen, just a matter of when.

You would think they established names available with Sale, so they can get a deal done sooner than later.

There will be teams interested in a guy with 4 years of control who weren't going to make the play for Sale, and teams will give up a different type of prospect for Quintana. You're less likely to get the #1 prospect in baseball for Quintana because he's not going to go out and win you game 1, 4, and 7 of the World Series. You might be more likely to get 3 guys in the top 50 for him because he'll help get you to the world series and he gets games 2 and 5 once you're there.