Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 02:12 PM)
Brett Gardner going back to the Pirates would make sense.

Yanks get McCutchen

Sox get Glasnow. Rutherford and Newman or someone

Pirates get Q and Gardner

Probably someone would have to throw some cash at Pirates.

The Pirates don't need an extra OF. They have 4 OF right now, if they took Gardner back they'd still have 4 starting OF.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 12:12 PM)
I'm not writing him off that he can't do it. I want his body preserved long-term.

I get that, and eventually it may happen. I think they need to see if he can be a good enough catcher, they have time, and if he will develop into a good enough offensive player, where preserving his body from the rigors of catching is beneficial.

QUOTE (gosoxgo2005 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 10:12 AM)
As far as the punching thing, I don't even remember saying that but I'm sure I did. I'd advise you to not take things literally though. I read a handful of your posts and like I said, pinpointed

And I'm not an internet tough guy. I'm as self deprecating as they come. I laugh at myself as much as anyone. I'm an idiot. All of that I admit. But I'll be the first to defend myself when people are talking s*** about me on internet forums

The way things go around here is if people continually banter and attack other posters, suspensions are given out. Dick should know that, I know that, you may not know that.

Sad - scary... just like puppies being kicked.

Not really but poop.

Edit: the bottom line is most of us are losing are minds and need some trades to go down.

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 01:17 PM)
I get that, and eventually it may happen. I think they need to see if he can be a good enough catcher, they have time, and if he will develop into a good enough offensive player, where preserving his body from the rigors of catching is beneficial.

Agreed. That's all I meant by it. I wasn't saying he's Schwarber defensively lol.

QUOTE (ChiSox1917 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 12:16 PM)
Am I the only one that would rather have Keller than Glasnow if the Pirates are truly saying Meadows is untouchable?

Keller has great control, but Glasnow has the ability to flat out dominate hitters. If he can improve his control he could be an ace.

Keller could become a mid rotation starter, but unlikely to ever be an ace

Back in the day when the Sox were ranked the #1 farm system, Jon Rauch was going to be a right handed Randy Johnson, and Jon Garland was the second coming of Kevin Brown. Garland had a decent career, Rauch was a journeyman maybe due to a labrum issue. They must of come up with ways to strengthen the labrum area. There aren't nearly the amount of tears that were happening in the early to mid 2000s.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 12:34 PM)
Back then they had incredible offense and crappy pitching. The line up they trotted out for the 2000 playoffs had 1 player with a lower OPS than .810 on the season. Then, they couldn't score.

I'm glad I was young when Joe Borchard busted. I don't know I could handle watching a guy hit a .900 ops in charlotte, then decline every year after and look more and more broken.

Edit: Well I guess I lived it more with Beckham.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 12:17 PM)
The way things go around here is if people continually banter and attack other posters, suspensions are given out. Dick should know that, I know that, you may not know that.

Sad - scary... just like puppies being kicked.

Not really but poop.

Edit: the bottom line is most of us are losing are minds and need some trades to go down.

I won't continue with it.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 12:43 PM)
I'm glad I was young when Joe Borchard busted. I don't know I could handle watching a guy hit a .900 ops in charlotte, then decline every year after and look more and more broken.

IIRC it wasnt a secret that there was a huge hole in his bat, and it would get exposed in the majors. I dont remember people being surprised he fell on his face.

Now I am going to go look at his draft and see who was grabbed after him, to torture myself and add some 20/20 hindsight venom

edit: wow, kind of an unremarkable draft. 15th pick was Chase Utley, 29th pick was Wainwright. A bunch of nopes and fringe guys other than that

I, like many here, don't understand why the Yankees want McCutchen, but just rolling with that assumption, here's the best semblance of a fair deal I can come to:

Yankees get: McCutchen

Pirates get: Quintana, Chance Adams

White Sox get: Glasnow, Rutherford, Andujar, Keller, (maybe Diaz?)

Makes the most sense of anything I can work out. Yankees slight overpay out of a deep system to get a great bounceback candidate to flip/keep, Pirates get their man and a pitching prospect that makes them a lot more comfortable parting with Keller, and the White Sox get a boatload of talent for Q in a deal that neither of these teams would've topped with just their own prospects.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 12:43 PM)

I was sitting right behind home plate when Borchard hit one on the concourse against the Phillies in a rainout make up game. It was glorious.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 12:57 PM)
the problem with that interesting pitts-nyy-cws rumor is if yanks trade prospects, they'd want quintana, not an OF

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/812370409630892032

Well if they want Q, they'll need to give up Torres in addition to the pieces rumored in the deal to be in the right value neighborhood. Sounds like they may want Cutch because he won't cost them Torres or Frazier, though the Yankees have never really been an org to prospect hug.