Cardinals Interested in Adam Eaton

GGajewski18

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 09:55 PM)
And yet, there was talk of the White Sox moving him even before they moved Sale. That tells me something.

Not really. It is amazing for a guy who thinks he is so much smarter than anyone, how you comprehend talk about the White Sox moving him. Read it again and all it said was in someone's opinion there was a better chance they traded Eaton than Abreu. There has been nothing about the White Wox looking to trade him. All their players are available including Q and Rodon. Bad attitudes all around I guess. Run with it. For some reason they thought he was such a problem they kept him around for 3 years and have him signed for 5 more.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:19 PM)
Not really. It is amazing for a guy who thinks he is so much smarter than anyone, how you comprehend talk about the White Sox moving him. Read it again and all it said was in someone's opinion there was a better chance they traded Eaton than Abreu. There has been nothing about the White Wox looking to trade him. All their players are available including Q and Rodon. Bad attitudes all around I guess. Run with it. For some reason they thought he was such a problem they kept him around for 3 years and have him signed for 5 more.

And I find it rather disgusting that you can't avoid making it personal the moment someone disagrees with you and takes a different opinion of available information.

I made a point about baseball. You could disagree with it without going after me personally.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 10:31 PM)
And I find it rather disgusting that you can't avoid making it personal the moment someone disagrees with you and takes a different opinion of available information.

I made a point about baseball. You could disagree with it without going after me personally.

No you read a quote and interpreted it to mean the Sox wanted Eaton gone because he is such a huge problem, always has been going back to an anonymous quote from AZ. And that just had to be true because who knows.

You mention his bad attitude so many times, yet anyone who watches games and follows the team would love to have 25 guys with attitudes as bad as his. It is your mission to put a negative spin on everything White Sox, a team you admitted to hating on this very board.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:31 PM)

I put DA on ignore a year ago and every time I unignore one of his posts (about once every 10 or so he posts) I regret it.

Sorry to talk s*** about him but he is what he is and that's a White Sox sycophant.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 12:41 AM)
I put DA on ignore a year ago and every time I unignore one of his posts (about once every 10 or so he posts) I regret it.

Sorry to talk s*** about him but he is what he is and that's a White Sox sycophant.

Let's leave it here. I'm ok with that. Back to Eaton, my point is made, we don't need to further derail this thread with personal stuff. He's on the block and I added my point about why you might make moving him a priority regardless of age/contract.

Not that it merits much but mlbtr mentions that we could be interested in Carson Kelly from the Cards in a Eaton trade (I don't know much about their farm but he a catcher that slashed .292/.352/.381 in AAA, their 11th ranked prospect). Obviously more would be needed but he could be a decent 3rd piece

Edited by Knackattack

:nono

The odds of Eaton going to the Cardinals are about zero without Reyes...and Reyes isn't going anywhere.

Even it was, let's say Martinez and Wong/Grichuk/Piscotty/Adams, well, they're just not going to trade two pieces off their big league roster to get better at one when they just traded Garcia and god knows how long Wainright and Molina will last, not to mention Peralta.

Isn't St. Louis in on Wade Davis/Lorenzo Cain in a possible mega-trade with KC?

Who are the rumored pieces in that deal? Renting both those guys for a single season.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 10:44 PM)
Not that it merits much but mlbtr mentions that we could be interested in Carson Kelly from the Cards in a Eaton trade

Unless he is a total throw in, that would be tragic.

Someone posted yesterday about Robles and how he could really be a star and a nice piece for Sale. Said he could hit .280 with 10-15 homers , good speed, good defense, good arm.

That is Adam Eaton and he is signed for $38 million over the next 5 years. And he isn't a could be or should be. He is worth a lot more than he is owed. It has to be a massive return.

Edited by Dick Allen

Is Eaton the player you want leading your franchise moving forward? That's the main question. The so-called, Face of the Franchise?

As for me, I would go with Anderson/Q/Rodon/Abreu (for now), but then we're going to have to turn around and trade some of those guys. It could also be Frazier if he showed an interest in sticking around through a rebuild, but he just went through that in Cincinnati so one would think he'd be looking for some stability.

As far as Eaton goes, yes, he's the union rep for the team...but is that because nobody else wanted to compete with him for it (someone like Avila or Rollins?), or is he really that well-liked or popular in the clubhouse?

Does he have that unique ability of Juan Uribe to be equally-liked by Latin American and African-American as well as white teammates? Or is he part of a clique?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 10:31 PM)

[slow nod]

Jon MorosiVerified account

‏@jonmorosi

#Nationals considering CF trade targets beyond Andrew McCutchen, source says. Adam Eaton of the #WhiteSox is one of them. @MLB @MLBNetwork

Someone ante up. I'm looking at you Cardinals. Nats interested in all of the Sox players lol.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 01:07 PM)
George Ofman ‏@georgeofman 4m4 minutes ago

Sox and Nats talking Quintana/Eaton package. Let's we where this goes.

Not sure how this deal is possible without Turner, Giolito and Robles.

Otherwise I want Ross, Giolito, Robles, Lopez and my pick of 5-6 other prospects.

Edited by ChiSox59