Eaton to Nats/Giolito, Lopez, Dunning to Sox

southsider2k5

QUOTE (kwill @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:25 PM)
More than likely the Sox leave with just making the Sale trade.

I don't know about you guys but it seems to me that you will not get premier value for Quintana or Abreu in this market. I would hold them for mid-season or next offseason to trade.

The guys I deal are Eaton, Frazier, Robertson and Jones. Jones would even be worth keeping if you believe he can close games for you. His value would sky rocket if he can be as successful as closer as he has been in middle relief.

I think you'll get good value for Quintana, but Abreu is not in a good year to trade. Honestly don't think Robertson is either. Even with the 100 mill deals going out, lots are available.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:23 PM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 42s43 seconds ago Maryland, USA

Source: White Sox working on a deal to send Adam Eaton to the Nationals.

IT'S HAPPENING

I would imagine Robles would have to be included. Considering the contract, I don't see how it can be for much less than the Sale offer. Man are the White Sox going to be bad for a couple of years. I really didn't think they would trade Eaton for prospects. Too good, and too friendly of a contract, with 5 years on it.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 02:36 PM)
A strong half by Abreu could make him one of the most valuable bats at the deadline

He can play crappy defense at 1B or DH for an American league team

Am I nuts, or do the Rangers appear to be in serious need of a 1B/DH?

Why wouldn't they be interested in Abreu? (Side note...wow that Shin Soo Choo signing has backfired on the Rangers)

I was watching MLB this afternoon and it was reported the Rangers were not looking to add a marquee FA. Cost?? Abreu would hit well in that park.

If Abreu was sent to Texas what would a return look like? Watching MLB and they just said Sox and Washington working on an Eaton trade.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:33 PM)
That doesn't get me that excited. I want Robles + Giolito/Lopez.

It might not be as exciting, but it makes sense for both teams

Eaton is not getting us Robles/Lopez or Robles/Giolito

but Robles + Fedde + Severino would be a very nice all around return I feel. Remember, we really really need organizational depth at nearly every position

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:35 PM)
Robles, Lopez, Stevenson, Severino seems like a fair deal for an all-star caliber RF cheaply under team control for 5 years.

I think that is more than the Nats would be willing to give up