2017 Minor League Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Aug 1, 2017 -> 03:58 PM)
Kopech, Hansen and Dunning are all in the top 12 of all minor league pitchers in strikeouts this season.

IMO, by year-end Kopech should be the #1 pitching prospect in the game with Hansen around 50th overall & Dunning in the 75 to 100 range. Nothing wrong with dominating high A ball in your first full professional season.

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Aug 13, 2017 -> 03:43 PM)
Tatis JR. first 18 year old ever to reach 20/20 in a minor league season. Stats are crazy since April 21st.

Where would he be on our Top Prospect List?

QUOTE (oldsox @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 06:59 AM)
Where would he be on our Top Prospect List?

Top 5, no question. Can even argue top 3 once Moncada graduates after Eloy and Kopech. (I'd personally put him ahead of Robert, but they're close)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 08:10 AM)
Top 5, no question. Can even argue top 3 once Moncada graduates after Eloy and Kopech. (I'd personally put him ahead of Robert, but they're close)

He'll likely eventually be #1 in all of baseball but hey at least Lucas Giolito credits his slightly improved consistency to James Shields

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 07:59 AM)
He'll likely eventually be #1 in all of baseball but hey at least Lucas Giolito credits his slightly improved consistency to James Shields

It kills me that Tatis Jr is doing so well. And I don't like to cheer for a player to suck and his career end. But even if he did suck and never made it to the majors it would still be a net positive compared to what Shields gave us the last 2 years and (hold on while I puke) next year

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 05:07 PM)
Thanks. I was hoping he'd start at Birmingham.

Agreed. No idea why D-Backs had him in low A for so long. He looks too advanced for high A as well, but I'm sure the Sox want their coaches to get a close look at him first. Maybe he moves quickly next year.

QUOTE (ecupittfan @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 09:40 AM)
It kills me that Tatis Jr is doing so well. And I don't like to cheer for a player to suck and his career end. But even if he did suck and never made it to the majors it would still be a net positive compared to what Shields gave us the last 2 years and (hold on while I puke) next year

Tatis is super exciting and likely to be a consensus top 30 prospect next year. But he also has struck out 30% of the time in low A ball and is hitting just .276. I will wait to crown him a future preferential all star until I see him show this kind of power and plate discipline against more polished pitching. But no doubt Hahn chose the wrong guy.