Reverse Standings Thread

Bob Sacamano

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 20, 2017 -> 04:32 PM)
You realize it's a dome right?

Not really a "dome" but the roof will be closed. I went Monday, boring game but Moncada and Giolito were solid. I will be there tomorrow as well and glad I missed Shields and get to see Fulmer.

Man, I wish that we where at this spot going into the final series of the season already...

We play Cleveland

The Phillies get the Mets

The Giants have the Padres

Please... please... please.... baseball gods.... allow us to "earn" the first pick. That would give Soxtalk Nation over 8 months to endlessly banter about EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE DRAFTEE.

:lol:

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ Sep 15, 2017 -> 11:11 AM)
We will end up picking 4 or 5 but that's okay. There are no clear cut picks this year anyway. It's more important for Moncada, Jose, Avi, Lucas, Rey, TA and other future pieces to play very well than to get a few picks higher. Lucas pitching well is a blessing because most people wrote him off as a top end starter. If he becomes a solid 2 then we are really on our way with this staff.

I wanted to point out how silly this was when it was posted but wasn't able to. Now, it's even sillier. We were a lock to finish top 3 even when this was posted. How you ascertained that we would for sure finish with the 4 or 5 pick (and it being "OK"), I'll never know.

1st pick is in our sights.. don't stop now BOYS!

Edited by Chisoxmb35

Wednesday:

Won- Giants, Phillies, A's, Pirates

Lost- White Sox, Tigers, Mets, Reds, Padres, Braves

11 days left

Team (Games left) - Sox Magic Number to have higher pick:

1. Giants(9) - 11 (-1.0 GB)*

2. White Sox(11)

3. Phillies(10) - 11 (-0.5 GB)**

4. Tigers(10) - 9 (+2.5 GA)***

5. Mets(10) - 6

6. Reds(10) - 6

7. Braves(12) - 5

8. Padres(10) - 4

9. Pirates(9) - 2

10. A's(10) - 3

*The Sox need to be 1 game worse with the remaining schedule to have a higher pick

**The Sox need to be 0.5 game worse with the remaining schedule to have a higher pick

***The Tigers need to be 2.5 games worse with the remaining schedule to have a higher pick than the Sox

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 21, 2017 -> 02:35 AM)
Wednesday:

Won- Giants, Phillies, A's, Pirates

Lost- White Sox, Tigers, Mets, Reds, Padres, Braves

11 days left

Team (Games left) - Sox Magic Number to have higher pick:

1. Giants(9) - 11 (-1.0 GB)*

2. White Sox(11)

3. Phillies(10) - 11 (-0.5 GB)**

4. Tigers(10) - 9 (+2.5 GA)***

5. Mets(10) - 6

6. Reds(10) - 6

7. Braves(12) - 5

8. Padres(10) - 4

9. Pirates(9) - 2

10. A's(10) - 3

*The Sox need to be 1 game worse with the remaining schedule to have a higher pick

**The Sox need to be 0.5 game worse with the remaining schedule to have a higher pick

***The Tigers need to be 2.5 games worse with the remaining schedule to have a higher pick than the Sox

Wait, didn't the Giants have a better record than us last year? Shouldn't that give us the tie breaker with them?

QUOTE (Jimmy3Putt @ Sep 21, 2017 -> 05:53 AM)
Wait, didn't the Giants have a better record than us last year? Shouldn't that give us the tie breaker with them?

Yes. The Sox are a game behind (ahead) the Giants now. Even in wins, two in the loss column.

Any combination of Sox losses and Giants wins equal to 11 gives the Sox a better pick. Same against the Phillies.