Orioles vs White Sox 7:10 Pm

Kyyle23

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 08:21 PM)
The stranger thing is that we haven't even talked renewal with Avi. I suggested a while back that offer him a 6 year / $72 million extension. His market value has probably gone up $3 million per year since than and if we don't do anything soon, he'll be out of our budget.

Basically, the Samardzija deal. I still think they're going to wait until the end of the season. I watched Mark Teahen hit like this for four months in Kansas City, but not for the full season, he fell off. Just like Beckham his rookie year.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 08:26 PM)
Basically, the Samardzija deal. I still think they're going to wait until the end of the season. I watched Mark Teahen hit like this for four months in Kansas City, but not for the full season, he fell off. Just like Beckham his rookie year.

Let's not be ridiculous. Mark Teahen couldn't carry Avi's jockstrap.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 08:17 PM)
Moncada and Burger as well. God that would be amazing.

Add Leury Garcia to the list.

Hopefully being around Hanson, Yolmer and Saladino will rub off...obviously not all of those players can fit on the roster, though. And of course you'd rather have all your future starters (Anderson/Moncada/Burger or Davidson) with the "plus" defensive skills. Avisail Garcia, etc.

I guess the back-up plan for Anderson is moving him to CF with Leury at SS.

C Collins

3B Burger

SS Anderson/Leury

2B Moncada

1B Davidson/Delmonico/Sheets

LF Luis Robert

CF Tim Anderson

RF Avi Garcia

DH (rotating) Abreu for next two years

That has the looks of an interesting offense. Plus top 5 pick next year, probably another college hitter.

And a plethora of starting pitching depth in the minors to trade from to meet needs.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 09:32 PM)
Add Leury Garcia to the list.

Hopefully being around Hanson, Yolmer and Saladino will rub off...obviously not all of those players can fit on the roster, though. And of course you'd rather have all your future starters (Anderson/Moncada/Burger or Davidson) with the "plus" defensive skills. Avisail Garcia, etc.

I guess the back-up plan for Anderson is moving him to CF with Leury at SS.

C Collins

3B Burger

SS Anderson/Leury

2B Moncada

1B Davidson/Delmonico/Sheets

LF Luis Robert

CF Tim Anderson

RF Avi Garcia

DH (rotating) Abreu for next two years

That has the looks of an interesting offense. Plus top 5 pick next year, probably another college hitter.

And a plethora of starting pitching depth in the minors to trade from to meet needs.

You do realize that you have 3 players who don't have US professional plate appearances and 2 others that have no MLB plate appearances on this list. Not all of them will be good MLB players.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 02:21 AM)
The stranger thing is that we haven't even talked renewal with Avi. I suggested a while back that offer him a 6 year / $72 million extension. His market value has probably gone up $3 million per year since than and if we don't do anything soon, he'll be out of our budget.

Avi could be hitting .390 on Sept. 1 and some people would be saying, "Wait until the end of the season" before they'd even consider locking him up, thinking an 0-for-40 would get that average back where it belongs.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 08:18 PM)
we need to stop winning games..

a few more losses last season and we would have had haseley :(

This is one reason why I hope people start to understand the importance of every loss. 3 more losses in 2015 and we have Benetindi instead of Fulmer. 7 more losses in 2016 and we'd have Haseley instead of Burger.

Benetindi

Moncada

Kopech

Robert

Giolito

Haseley

Lopez

Or

Moncada

Kopech

Robert

Giolito

Lopez

Fulmer

Burger

The difference was about 10 losses over 2 seasons.

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 09:56 PM)
Avi could be hitting .390 on Sept. 1 and some people would be saying, "Wait until the end of the season" before they'd even consider locking him up, thinking an 0-for-40 would get that average back where it belongs.

I nees at least a full season but ideally a season and a half about. If he doesn't sign before next year's deadline, deal him.