Buehrle Day

Kyyle23

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jun 24, 2017 -> 03:41 PM)
I'm at the game right now and I see it.

Edit: nevermind I thought you were talking about the words "the catch".

Yeah, it's only ever been the words. No imprint.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very disappointing that on Mark's day the Sox go out and totally embarrass themselves in front of a big crowd. I know they are rebuilding but this was pathetic today.

Making things even more ironic is that someone posted on Twitter a picture of Mark's plaque that now located at the park...it already has a big chip on the side right above the writing of his accomplishments like someone hit it with something.

If not already noted, this is the first time since 1914 three players hit their first career major league home run in a game off the same pitcher.

Now THAT'S the James Shields we all know and love so well!

Sigh

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jun 24, 2017 -> 09:40 PM)
Very disappointing that on Mark's day the Sox go out and totally embarrass themselves in front of a big crowd. I know they are rebuilding but this was pathetic today.

Making things even more ironic is that someone posted on Twitter a picture of Mark's plaque that now located at the park...it already has a big chip on the side right above the writing of his accomplishments like someone hit it with something.

If not already noted, this is the first time since 1914 three players hit their first career major league home run in a game off the same pitcher.

Now THAT'S the James Shields we all know and love so well!

Sigh

I want to believe that Shields is in need of building arm strength but another three homers allowed game will cause me to rethink that

Where was Konerko, did anyone mention why he wasn't there, yet Ozzie was...?

I'm sure Buehrle's more excited about getting his famous between the legs, flipped ball back than a chip on a plaque which will surely be noticed and repaired. Why anyone would do something like that is beyond me, must have been hammered and doing it on a dare.

Tatis Jr., .260/768 ops (9 homers). Not exactly destroying the MW League, but definitely holding his own for that aggressive assignment for a young Latin American player.

Anderson is going to have Jose Valentin error numbers when all is said and done this season...

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2017 -> 02:51 PM)
Anderson looks defeated out there. Send him down and promote Moncada. Move Yolmer to SS

Actually a pretty solid idea, Anderson clearly needs more work on defense and Moncada is just killing the minor leagues offensively

Tim Anderson had some personal challenges dealing with the death of his best friend.

He boots an occasional ball, but he also makes plays that some other shortstops can't. The team is not competimng this season, so let him work out problems and learn to hot major league pitching rather than sending him to the minors. He is still hitting over .250, I believe isn't he?

I think the Sox may cut bait with Shields. Renteria did not look happy when he went out to the mound to pull him and I am sure that Sox brass was not all too thrilled with Shields laying an egg on Buerhle day with 38,000 in the stands.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Jun 24, 2017 -> 11:57 PM)
I think the Sox may cut bait with Shields. Renteria did not look happy when he went out to the mound to pull him and I am sure that Sox brass was not all too thrilled with Shields laying an egg on Buerhle day with 38,000 in the stands.

And they shouldn't be.

But as they say, the brass has no one to blame but themselves.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 24, 2017 -> 04:50 PM)
Tatis Jr., .260/768 ops (9 homers). Not exactly destroying the MW League, but definitely holding his own for that aggressive assignment for a young Latin American player.

Anderson is going to have Jose Valentin error numbers when all is said and done this season...

Can I get an update on some other Padres prospects? What are some of their other DSL guys doing?

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Jun 25, 2017 -> 05:57 AM)
Tim Anderson had some personal challenges dealing with the death of his best friend.

He boots an occasional ball, but he also makes plays that some other shortstops can't. The team is not competimng this season, so let him work out problems and learn to hot major league pitching rather than sending him to the minors. He is still hitting over .250, I believe isn't he?

Too bad some guys like Anderson don't see the value in walks. His approach to hitting will eventually turn him into a mendoza line hitter. Too many at bats. Law of averages are the ball ends up in somebody's glove that more often.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 25, 2017 -> 02:44 PM)
And they shouldn't be.

But as they say, the brass has no one to blame but themselves.

Exactly. Sox brass should be ashamed they wasted time on guys like Shields, Holland, Pelphrey.