Petricka to DL

ChiSox59

Petricka back to the DL with a right elbow strain (a/k/a inflamed ERA).

Petricka like Putnam should be done and gone with the White Sox. Unreliable, can't stay healthy, mediocre pitchers and a waste of future payroll.

Time to move on...past time actually....and you can make that claim for about a half dozen other stiffs in the organization.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jun 29, 2017 -> 02:01 PM)
Time to move on...past time actually....and you can make that claim for about a half dozen other stiffs in the organization.

Don't be so mean. I'm sure they are very nice boys who call their mothers every Sunday night.

Edited by Hatchetman

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 29, 2017 -> 02:28 PM)
Lost season for both, but when healthy they have been good

I disagree they've been very good even when healthy (which has been about as rare as seeing a two dollar bill again) but that's just my opinion.

Doesn't matter now...you can stick a fork in both of them because they are done.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jun 29, 2017 -> 06:03 PM)
I disagree they've been very good even when healthy (which has been about as rare as seeing a two dollar bill again) but that's just my opinion.

Doesn't matter now...you can stick a fork in both of them because they are done.

Putnam was excellent his first season with Sox...that splitter/forkball/sinker was UNhittable even when you knew it was coming in at the low 80's.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jun 29, 2017 -> 07:03 PM)

You said the same thing about Kahnle a couple months ago....

Putnam may be done. Petricka is not done.

Putnam's arm is held together with gum and paperclips, but he's a great reliever when he's the mound. Petricka has never really impressed me. Decent velocity, ball moves a bit, but it's nothing special. He has the look of a run of the mill AAAA reliever. Maybe I'm wrong on that.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 30, 2017 -> 09:22 AM)
Putnam's arm is held together with gum and paperclips, but he's a great reliever when he's the mound. Petricka has never really impressed me. Decent velocity, ball moves a bit, but it's nothing special. He has the look of a run of the mill AAAA reliever. Maybe I'm wrong on that.

Agreed 100%. I've just never been huge on the guy for some reason.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 30, 2017 -> 09:15 AM)

Not bad.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 10:32 AM)
That didn't take long. LOL. Not that it matters anyway but Kahnle is an absolute stiff. This guy is terrible.

Oh well.

Mark

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2017 -> 09:26 AM)
Not bad.

Is post searching an admin only capability on this board?

I've never been able to successfully search posts here. Either I am doing something wrong, or the capability is blocked (which sort of sucks if that is the case).

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 30, 2017 -> 08:15 AM)

A half season of good baseball does not a career make.

Like with Avi we'll see about Kahnle (who's ERA is now up in the three's. Still good...but not what it was)

And I seriously doubt even the rebuilding White Sox are going to waste money on a pitcher who can't pitch (Petricka) because the guy CAN'T STAY HEALTHY.

But as always we'll see.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 30, 2017 -> 09:43 AM)
Is post searching an admin only capability on this board?

I've never been able to successfully search posts here. Either I am doing something wrong, or the capability is blocked (which sort of sucks if that is the case).

No, the search function has not worked for a long time.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jun 30, 2017 -> 11:01 AM)
A half season of good baseball does not a career make.

Like with Avi we'll see about Kahnle (who's ERA is now up in the three's. Still good...but not what it was)

And I seriously doubt even the rebuilding White Sox are going to waste money on a pitcher who can't pitch (Petricka) because the guy CAN'T STAY HEALTHY.

But as always we'll see.

I don't understand the posters that would rather be right than have a White Sox player do well. It seems like you'd be happy if Kahnle reverted back to his previous form.