Sox send Frazier/DRob/Kahnle to NY ~ Rutherford/Clarkin/Clippard/Polo

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (oneofthemikes @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 07:21 PM)
Disagree. It's exciting

Yeah I'm cool with any fringe reporting provided something actually happens. It's not like these people actually make the trade happen. But if it's in the final dot the Is, cross the Ts stage, go for it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 07:21 PM)
Yes. Sometimes a few of them will start down there on a "throwing day" when they know they don't have to work, but you will often see the bullpen crew walk down to the pen and begin getting loose in the middle innings.

Right when you're at the game usually in the like the 3rd or 4th they will head down to the bullpen in a pack. The year Sale was a rookie he had to make the walk in a pink hello kitty backpack in Baltimore at a game I attended.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 07:25 PM)
Right when you're at the game usually in the like the 3rd or 4th they will head down to the bullpen in a pack. The year Sale was a rookie he had to make the walk in a pink hello kitty backpack in Baltimore at a game I attended.

Yeah, I'm an idiot, just wishing Robertson being in the dugout to start the game actually meant something.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 07:29 PM)
I do wonder if there was a last second "can you top this" text from Hann to some other GMs.

yeah...seems the Yanks are being very stingy with their prospect these days...are far cry from their past.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 07:29 PM)
That would not be good business.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 07:31 PM)
If the Yankees offer something better Hahn is obliged to take it.

If the Yankees put in a call after Hahn had said yes but before it was approved by the league, then accepting that would be bad business. If the Red Sox put an offer on the table Hahn would accept and Hahn bided his time then came back an hour later and said yes after making a couple calls...that's risky but fair practice.