Michael Saunders Signed (Reports to CHA)

Sleepy Harold

We are scary short on any sort of OF in the upper minors.  No outfielder besides Tilson on that Charlotte roster will ever have any business on a major league roster.  I suspect we'll see Saunders in Chicago before Delmonico and Avi are back.    

Eloy has a .331 OBP in AA.  He's got things to accomplish.

Saunders shouldn't be anywhere near Chicago anytime this season; numerous players who need auditions before him.  Still I'm not sure why Thompson's on this team (with all due respect to September, 2015).

Edited by GreenSox

16 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Saunders shouldn't be anywhere near Chicago anytime this season; numerous players who need auditions before him.  Still I'm not sure why Thompson's on this team (with all due respect to September, 2015).

What?  Who?  Are you aching for the Charlie Tilson era?  Can't enough of May?  Cordell is hurt and out for an extended period of time, so it isn't him.

52 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

You're looking at his BA. His OBP is .364. Oh, and he's slugging .600.

I'm not going to say he's completely finished but give the man some credit.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, daggins said:

You're looking at his BA. His OBP is .364. Oh, and he's slugging .600.

I'm not going to say he's completely finished but give the man some credit.

Yea you're right.  I was looking at the wrong column.  Thanks for the correction.
 Anyway, no rush.  
I thought the push might begin this year, but it's next year.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Melky is better off with the Indians...

Yeah, Melky wants to win another World Series before he hangs em up. 

Not come here and play hee-haw with the f**k around gang. 

7 hours ago, GreenSox said:

You confused OBP with BA. His current slash line in Birmingham is .328/.360/.608, which seems promotion worthy to me.

16 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Who, exactly?  Charlie Tilson and his OPS in the .550s is the only guy on that Charlotte roster with a potential MLB future.  Tito Polo maybe next in line, but he's been pretty bad in AA this year.  There are no good OF in the Sox upper minors, and I really prefer not to see Eloy this year.