AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, Quinarvy said:

Clearly the Sox messed up by not taking Covey at #13 over Sale.

All part of Hahn's master plan that began years ago. Draft Sale, build his value, select Covey in the rule five, trade Sale for a haul to bolster the rebuild and make Covey the staff ace! Sheer genius!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I couldn't watch tonight, was stunned to see us win 1-0 in Boston. Even with Covey resembling Tom Seaver in his prime, I'd never think the pathetic Sox could hold that lead with its pen. But alas the pen is on a roll. So either Coop is a genius again or the bullpen is just having a nice stretch. There's no way possible you could envision a victory tonight. Congratulations Sox, beating the other Sox on the road in a full stadium. Impossible I say. Covey baby.

15 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I couldn't watch tonight, was stunned to see us win 1-0 in Boston. Even with Covey resembling Tom Seaver in his prime, I'd never think the pathetic Sox could hold that lead with its pen. But alas the pen is on a roll. So either Coop is a genius again or the bullpen is just having a nice stretch. There's no way possible you could envision a victory tonight. Congratulations Sox, beating the other Sox on the road in a full stadium. Impossible I say. Covey baby.

Where's your win loss over under now, 55?

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

No Betts and JD Martinez, that makes a HUGE difference to their offense.

Other than Benintendi, Bogaerts and Moreland, that BOS line-up without those two is a bit weak, especially with Swihart and Leon both in there.   Not to mention Bradley Jr.’s been total garbage.

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

No still 48 or 49.

I'm hoping this is some sort of joke.

We'd have to go 27-74 to finish that poorly. 

Only 1 team in the last 50 years has finished with less than 50 wins, that being the '03 Detroit Tigers. That team finished the month of June with just 19 wins. We're already at 20 and there's still 22 days left in the month. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

So if we got Kopech, Moncada and Basabe for Sale, what can we get for Covey?  I'm thinking a package around Gleyber Torres and Severino should get it done.

Nah, they gotta throw in Andujar to sweeten that deal. Maybe even Florial  for good measure.

8 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

No Betts and JD Martinez, that makes a HUGE difference to their offense.

Other than Benintendi, Bogaerts and Moreland, that BOS line-up without those two is a bit weak, especially with Swihart and Leon both in there.   Not to mention Bradley Jr.’s been total garbage.

Is anyone making qualifications about Sales performance vs our lineup? He shut out an mlb lineup for 6 IP. That’s great no matter who it is.