6/24 Games

BamaDoc

Scared to start this thread after yesterday although describing Dunning as having a sore elbow sounds better than what many initially were saying.  Fingers crossed.  Guy has probably got the highest floor of our prospects.

http://www.milb.com/scoreboard/index.jsp?cid=&lid=&org=145&sc=&sid=milb&t=affiliate&ymd=20180624

• bmags pinned this topic

I was hoping it was just Henzman's day to throw and they needed a body.  Hickman's line was not impressive at 4ip 7ER 7h 2w 1k.  He is a year plus older than Henzman(Hickman 24yo. )   I remember him being a notable pick at the time.   

32 minutes ago, Hot FiRe said:

Sosa injured now too. Get Herm and the medical staff the hell out of here

Yes because while herm Schneider is in Chicago, he can take care of injuries in great falls.

Phew, glad he’s in there game 2.

Quintero is destroying again. With his age if he’s raking for a few weeks I wonder if they press him up a little earlier.

also a little confused that milb has him from DR.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Phew, glad he’s in there game 2.

Quintero is destroying again. With his age if he’s raking for a few weeks I wonder if they press him up a little earlier.

also a little confused that milb has him from DR.

Its probably just where he established residency and they didn't care to put the effort in to find his real hometown like they would for a big cuban signing. I bet if he makes it to the minors, or really even the higher levels of the minors, they'll have the right information. 

52 minutes ago, Hot FiRe said:

While I was joking about Sosa, it is Herm's staff top to bottom. 

Him and whoever is in charge of strength and conditioning. They obviously do not have immediate contact with the lower levels, the guys in charge at the major league level probably set the system the rest of the organization uses. In my experience in a strength program, the bigger change in our training was when the head of the department (who was like Herm and Allen Thomas in that they are responsible for the big team) changed as opposed to when our individual strength coach changed. The coach change at our level resulted in small changes and big changes in personality while the change at the highest level meant the whole way we went about lifting changed even though we had most of the same staff as before.

• bmags unpinned this topic