Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

4 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

I can't decide if this Sox fest conspiracy is more or less desperate than the Sox hat analysis. Maybe I'll ask Manny what he thinks at the announcement tomorrow.

Thsle soxfest surprise is a yearly conspiracy. Thank Kenny Lofton. Nothing has ever come of it since then but every year the rumor will come along anyways. 

3 hours ago, Mooseman said:

If they really want to fire a shot after announcing all the known rostered players have the room go dark and a video start playing showing the Wrigley Field marque (fans go crazy booing)  video pans to someone standing on the bricks and they spray paint the Sox logo all over them. Final shot is Machado spraying the camera lens black. Ok and maybe a shot of MAnny launching Ian Happ into a TV trailor like a lawn dart lol.

Make the last part that piece of shit Pedro Strop and I’m in.

Edited by The Beast

2 hours ago, fathom said:

I'm highly doubtful, but chili has scooped as much, or more, than anyone else this offseason.

I hope chili is right and I do trust him because he has probably scooped more than anyone else, but Im not sure he even completely knows what he's been told

2 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Oh. Thanks for clearing that up.

2 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Might as well lock up the thread and go home now. 

2 hours ago, shipps said:

Thank you for clarifying for us. 

You guys heard it, there actually will not be a Manny announcement at soxfest. 

Carry on, everyone. 

Not sure if these are sarcasm, but I don't have any sources so dont trust me lol unless you want to trust my confidence. Which is 100% that it won't happen. I really hope, but it won't

8 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

Not sure..whatever you want it to be

Alright, how about this. If the Sox acquire Manny, Joc, or Gio before the end of soxfest, I win, you lose. If not, vice versa. 5 day ban. Deal?

Edited by ron883

4 minutes ago, Mooseman said:

So are the Garfein tweets quoting Renteria coming out because he's basically signed and they wanna make sure any fans that would have an issue with the Johnny Hustle comment or his allgedly only wanting to play SS is debunked?

I think Ricky was on TV tonight, and that is where the quotes are coming from.

Edited by fathom

It just seems like Renteria and Yonder are very comfortable with publicly talking about Manny right now. That’s weird for a guy that you may not sign. Totally normal for a guy you are sure is going to be on your team however. 

• Like 3

Renteria going public about the issues with Machado being resolved is perhaps the biggest hint that he is coming to the Sox. Rick said that Manny agreed to play wherever the team needed him and that they discussed the "Johnny Hustle" controversy, and indicated that it wouldn't be an issue. If he isn't going to be part of the team, why bother addressing these points, all of a sudden? He never discussed any of this, in the days following the meeting.

• Like 4

Just now, shipps said:

It just seems like Renteria and Yonder are very comfortable with publicly talking about Manny right now. That’s weird for a guy that you may not sign. Totally normal for a guy you are sure is going to be on your team however. 

I was going to say something very similar

It seems that several of us are taking this as a very positive indication. Does anyone disagree and, if so, why? For those who question how the signing could remain a secret, it appears that Alonso, Renteria, Roeper and a few more people, prove that it couldn't.

Edited by Lillian

2 minutes ago, Lillian said:

It seems that several of us are taking this as a very positive indication. Does anyone disagree and, if so, why?

I feel like the lack of rumors of other teams offers, the willingness to the Sox to get Jon Jay, looking at acquiring Pederson, the lack of the front office trying to downplay their involvement in him (not even a downplay / throwing cold water on rumors from the local reporters for that matter) and the talking about Machado almost as if he is a member of the team are all indicators the Sox feel very confident they land him. 

7 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Renteria going public about the issues with Machado being resolved is perhaps the biggest hint that he is coming to the Sox. Rick said that Manny agreed to play wherever the team needed him and that they discussed the "Johnny Hustle" controversy, and indicated that it wouldn't be an issue. If he isn't going to be part of the team, why bother addressing these points, all of a sudden? He never discussed any of this, in the days following the meeting.

Yea, you respond to that after the meeting takes place. I believe it was discussed after his Yankees meeting. Seems oddly placed to discuss that at this point, this far into the process. Unless the media are legitimately grasping at any other Machado content they haven't already beaten to death.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres