Joc Pederson: πŸ’€πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

NCsoxfan

17 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

So basically we need three former top 10 overallΒ prospects to play closer to their talent level?

Of course. I believe they all can. I'm just saying that none of them are established major leaguers at this point, but their success it extremely important to this team's success. We can bring in Machado, Pederson, and another starter, but if Giolito puts up an ERA over 5, Yoan hits .220, and Eloy hits like Yoan, this team isn't going to be in the wildcard hunt.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Why is it being automatically being assumed the Sox would only keep Pederson for 2 years?Β There’s aΒ possibility he could be here longer. Not every prospect is going to hit. He’s young enough they could keep him around with an extension if they need to out of necessity.

I posted yesterday the same thing. With our young OF'ers coming up maybe he could even move to the position of 1B at that time. Who knows?

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Something I keep coming back to, is Abreu and Nate Jones for Pederson and Urias. I think it is a decent baseball trade that would work for both teams. I think there is enough value there on the Sox side to make it fair. IdkΒ  how hardΒ Urias is throwing after his surgery, but if he hasn't lost much off the fastball it could be a decent trade, I think it is fair on both sides.Β 

The money is a bad match. Either we take on hill or are sending significant prospect with it.

11 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Why is it being automatically being assumed the Sox would only keep Pederson for 2 years?Β There’s aΒ possibility he could be here longer. Not every prospect is going to hit. He’s young enough they could keep him around with an extension if they need to out of necessity.

Because when making a trade you can only assume the value of his existing contract. YouΒ can't be giving players away on a guess that the guy will like it enough here to resign/not get injured/ etc etc

Edited by mqr

7 minutes ago, mqr said:

Because when making a trade you can only assume the value of his existing contract. YouΒ can't be giving players away on a guess that the guy will like it enough here to resign/not get injured/ etc etc

But it’s ok to assume Basabe, Robert, Rutherford, Gonzalez, Walker, etc. are all going to be knocking on the door? I keep seeing these guy get mentioned as if it’s a shoe in, butΒ we have no idea what the OF situation will look like until we get there. You could play this guessing game forever.

30 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Sure from a contender who really needs him. What exactly do the Sox need him for? Trade bait in 1.5 years to see if we can get back what we gave up for him ? Kind of just seems like spinning your wheels to me.

What I am saying is if anyone really thinks Bummer and Fulmer alone will get the Sox Joc Pederson, maybe they should see if they could get SeagerΒ and Turner and Bellinger for Jose Rondon and Juan Minaya.

Β 

ItΒ isn’t a realistic trade, and I agree, the Sox shouldn’t be giving up someone highly thought of for 2 years of control. So unless this is expanded like rabbit suggests, it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense for the White Sox, as much as I like Joc.

1 hour ago, raBBit said:

Nothing I can share at this point. Fluid talks. I imagine more will break to public soon.Β 

I really was getting away from this site lately and then you go and say something like that. Is this good news? Should we expect news today or tomorrow? I wont ask for exact details, just curious.

6 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

But it’s ok to assume Basabe, Robert, Rutherford, Gonzalez, Walker, etc. are all going to be knocking on the door? I keep seeing these guy get mentioned as if it’s a shoe in, butΒ we have no idea what the OF situation will look like until we get there. You could play this guessing game forever.

I'm not assuming they'll be knocking on the door. But, the dodgers aren't trading away years 5-10 of Joc, they are trading 5 and 6 and any package heading back should and will reflect that.Β 

Edited by mqr

23 minutes ago, Roughneck said:

Of course. I believe they all can. I'm just saying that none of them are established major leaguers at this point, but their success it extremely important to this team's success. We can bring in Machado, Pederson, and another starter, but if Giolito puts up an ERA over 5, Yoan hits .220, and Eloy hits like Yoan, this team isn't going to be in the wildcard hunt.

With both Giolito and Moncada, the talent is there. It is just a matter of putting it all together. They both can be really, really good still.Β 

Giolito had a 2.5 month stretch where he wasΒ good, and dominated a couple good teams including the WS champs and the Rays.Β 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jake said:

Hard for me to understand what it means for the rumor to be "added to" short of either the deal occurring or some other move occurring that makes this one seem more sensible/clarifies the likely players involved.

I took the β€œadded to” more as β€œmore to come”...like there are additionalΒ details to share in the negotiations.Β 

7 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

But at least we have more minor league seasons and 6 years of control to find out. What was the sense of a rebuild and getting a bunch of prospects only to tradeΒ  them before we even have any idea how good they are and still not going to compete soon ? Let's use some common sense . Get Manny let Kopech, Cease , Dunning,Robert Madrigal, Collins and basically all the others in the top 30 get another year or 2 before we start trading them. We'll have a much better idea of what we need then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

But at least we have more minor league seasons and 6 years of control to find out. What was the sense of a rebuild and getting a bunch of prospects only to tradeΒ  them before we even have any idea how good they are and still not going to compete soon ? Let's use some common sense . Get Manny let Kopech, Cease , Dunning,Robert Madrigal, Collins and basically all the others in the top 30 get another year or 2 before we start trading them. We'll have a much better idea of what we need then.

This post is spot on IMO. Obviously you never draw a line in the sand, but the key guys are not going anywhere.Β 

I also think having too many good players is also a good problem to have. Joc Pederson is not blocking anyone right now.Β 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I took the β€œadded to” more as β€œmore to come”...like there are additionalΒ details to share in the negotiations.Β 

Sure, I just don't know what it would be that he knows now but can't tell us until very shortly in the future (or why he would have foreknowledge that some other reporter will be reporting new details)

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

We haven’t heard any of those names are the ones included in the talks, andΒ I wouldn’t make the trade if it requires one of the Sox big name prospects. It seems like he may be able to be had for pieces that are either replaceable or not detrimental to the rebuild. If that’s the case then I don’t see why anyone would be against landing him two years of control or not. I would not stop myself from acquiring him simple because the Sox have a glut of OF prospects. Worry about them as they progress.

2 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

If you can't trade a 24 year old thatΒ you demoted from AA last year, who has value that you can trade?Β Β 

Why trade him at his lowest possible value? If he has a bounce-back season, he can be used to bring back something more valuable than Joc Pederson.Β 

10 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

If you can't trade a 24 year old thatΒ you demoted from AA last year, who has value that you can trade?Β Β 

There are plenty of guys I’d trade. Just no point in selling rock bottom on a dude with 1-1 skills, who 15 months ago was filthy in the minors and approaching the fast track.Β 

Best piece I’d be willing to move is Rutherford in a deal for a SP.Β But I’d be willing* to tradeΒ guys like Yolmer, Leury, Palka, Delmonico,Β some armsΒ like Bummer, Adams, Stephens, Mederios, Lambert, and Flores. Obviously not just willynilly trading guys for players thatΒ could just be signed on the FA market.Β 

Edited by ChiSox59
Fixed a typo*

Just now, oneofthemikes said:

Why trade him at his lowest possible value? If he has a bounce-back season, he can be used to bring back something more valuable than Joc Pederson.Β 

Β 

I honestly don't want to trade him or anyone for a player (Joc)Β with 2 years of control remaining.

I also agree that selling low sucks.Β 

At the same time I tried my hardest to find players that might entice the Rangers to part with a young controllable reliever (which is the only non-superstar need I can see the Dodgers having).

I see almost nothing on the Whtie Sox roster that would actually help the Dodger's major league club.Β If the Dodgers are actually looking to make this deal, they need something in return they can't just go find on the free agent market, so I feel like there has to be a third team involved.Β Β 

But I will tell you, this place is going to be absolutely, positively, unbearable when Hahn starts moving prospects.Β 

I'm not eager to trade Alec Hansen, but it is categorically wrong to say he is at his lowest possible value right now. Someone who says this really believes in his potential upside to be a good MLBer. If he has another season like the last one, few will believe in that upside and his value will be much lower.

• Heads22 changed the title to JocTalk.com - Waiting......