May 1 vs O's straight doubleheader 3:10 PM start time

Tnetennba

3 minutes ago, mqr said:

Well they’re still not good. So that’s going to happen. But they are better. 

You are absolutely correct, we still aren't good! However, are we 'better' because we are 'better', or are we 'better' because we have played a pretty weak schedule to this point? Last season, to this point we played teams like Houston, Oakland, Seattle, St. Louis. This season we have had 6+ games against the Royals, Tigers and Orioles. 

So, aside from seeing some individuals like Anderson, Moncada, Lopez (the last few starts) being better, I am not sure I am comfortable saying the team is better. That said, those individuals are the ones we need to get better if we are going to be competitive beginning next season.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, flavum said:

Rodon dealing with a blister

Unsurprising. Give Carlos a break today. He did ok staying out there as long as he did. Bullpen situation would've been worse if he had been pulled an inning or two earlier.

I have a feeling a few starter ERAs are going to take a beating shortly because the bullpen situation is going to force Ricky to leave them out there for the full 100-115 pitches. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Nova needs DFA also like Santana.....Hahn really should be called out how pathetic a job he did this winter.

I really don't care if they pitched nova tonight until his arm falls off.  

46 minutes ago, tray said:

We can't rely on the same relievers to shut a team down every game, especially middle relievers and set-up guys.  Maybe the Sox can bolster the bullpen with a few upgrades.  Similarly, we can't rely on the same guys to get two or three hits and put us over the top every game.  We need Eloy back and Robert to come up with him.  That might change the offensive dynamic in close games like this.

Is DFA on that bingo card ?

• Haha 2

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

What possessed Rick Hahn to think that Nova in the AL was a good idea? 

To our displeasure, I think he is the go to guy until Cease gets here. If he constantly fails miserably, get ready to board the SS Dylan Covey...again...