5/26- Sox at Twins, 1:10, NBCSC

flavum

1 hour ago, pcq said:

The worst part might be seeing Sox players get rattled. I wish people would stfu about the owner. It's a tired old saw. 

Of the hundreds of topics that have been beaten to death on this board, you take exception to this one? Really?  Must be a shareholder (or a Reinsdorf relative):)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Benetti and Stone aren't lying. Stats don't lie. They are hitting well in the later innings. Moncada, Garcia and Tilson are all speedy players as well besides TA.

The team isn't good. Chances are, this rebuild won't succeed how we all want it to. But to b**** about being swept in a road series against the AL's hottest team? Seems outrageous and wasteful

We got our asses destroyed by the Twins. Every die hard Sox fan hates the Twins. Please let us know when it is appropriate to b****. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Yes, just because his defense is going to be rated so poorly. He will hit his homers, more surprised at how the hit tool has looked so far.

He looks like a wandering mope with little interest in defense. He used to be more athletic and trim going back to the SD futures game. 

2 minutes ago, pcq said:

He looks like a wandering mope with little interest in defense. He used to be more athletic and trim going back to the SD futures game. 

He made that tremendous leaping grab of a foul ball, into the right field stands, and did look very athletic, nothing like the clumsy guy, whom we've seen in left. I like that he plays "loose," but does anyone think he acts a little too goofy? Have fun, but be serious about your job. We already have one "class clown," with Yolmer. We don't need another.

1 hour ago, Soxfest said:

Hahn has a lot of work to do!!!!!!

Minnesota is #1 in the MLB in runs scored by 30 and OPS by 20 and less in most other categories.

The White Sox are rebuilding.  

What did people really expect to happen?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

We got our asses destroyed by the Twins. Every die hard Sox fan hates the Twins. Please let us know when it is appropriate to b****. 

Yeah, because the Sox stink and the Twins are really good. Add in the fact that the series was on the road in front of 39,000 MIN fans and we all should've known that the Sox had virtually no shit. Not my problem that you had higher expectations coming in. Let me guess, you thought better of the team since they won 2 games against the Astros without two of their best players with one of the wins led by the Sox ONLY good starting pitcher? Brilliant mindset

Edited by soxfan49

5 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Yeah, because the Sox stink and the Twins are really good. Add in the fact that the series was on the road in front of 39,000 MIN fans and we all should've known that the Sox had virtually no shit. Not my problem that you had higher expectations coming in. Let me guess, you thought better of the team since they won 2 games against the Astros without two of their best players with one of the wins led by the Sox ONLY good starting pitcher? Brilliant mindset

For starters, I would expect better than the Twins scoring 25 of the last 26 runs in the series.  Everything about this series after the 2nd inning on Friday sucked. Hitting was terrible, pitching was ridiculously bad besides Covey and the outfield defense was embarrassing.

Edited by fathom
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Minnesota is #1 in the MLB in runs scored by 30 and OPS by 20 and less in most other categories.

The White Sox are rebuilding.  

What did people really expect to happen?

Granted.  I expected it to happen.  Still don’t like it.

12 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Love the excuses. If the Sox players are that intimidated by playing in front of a sold out park in Minnesota then it is time to strip the roster and get new players. 

Also, any Sox fan with half a brain should be concerned about Minnesota suddenly looking very good.Those dudes do play in our division after all. 

Will it be okay to b**** if they are still kicking our asses this time next year?  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Love the excuses. If the Sox players are that intimidated by playing in front of a sold out park in Minnesota then it is time to strip the roster and get new players. 

Also, any Sox fan with half a brain should be concerned about Minnesota suddenly looking very good.Those dudes do play in our division after all. 

Will it be okay to b**** if they are still kicking our asses this time next year?  

yes. when the sox. starting rotation has Kopech and Cease to go along with Giolito and Lopez. if they get swept you can complain. not that anything will stop it anyway 

10 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

What excuses? The Twins are really good. Fact. It's hard to win road games against good teams. Fact. It's hard to win road games in hostile environments. Fact.

No shit I'm concerned about how good the Twins look, but that doesn't mean I'm going to whine about it especially since the Sox suck ass and weren't expected to compete until 2020 or 2021.

Good segway- if they're still hammering 40,000 homers a year for the next 3 years (spoiler: they won't be) and thus crushing the Sox in September 2020 repeatedly, yes I'll be concerned.

2 hours ago, GreenSox said:

If McCann is a good defensive catcher than sign him by all means.  But his he?  He's always low in framing. Cooper apparently likes him, but lately Cooper's judgment stinks.

The Twins have also gotten a lot of mileage out of Free Agents...the type of Free Agents in the same cost range that the White Sox fish in.  The  Sox veterans free agents have been big negatives.  I guess the Twins use analytics and actually scout their guys.

They could just follow Sox Talk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneDog847 said:

This series should put to bed any more delusional thoughts of the Sox competing this year or next. Moncada is the only guy on the Sox who would start for Minnesota.

It is time to hunker down and embrace the tank for a few more years. 

This is total BS. The White Sox can compete with Minnesota. Just play decent ball: catch the ball and hit the ball. Tilson catches that ball in center and the Twins don't score that inning and Rosario leads off the next inning with nobody on base. 

The Sox are something like 0 for 11 with runners in scoring position in the last two games with the Twins. In the 7th today, the Sox have men on 2nd and 3rd and nobody out. AND THEY DON'T SCORE. Get a hit there and the Sox are leading and we use our good bullpen guys, not Osich and Manaya. The Sox can compete with the Twins. The could have and should have won this game today. The Twins didn't win today; the Sox lost. Which makes it even worse. We should be better. But don't put out this BS that only Moncada could play for the Twins. 

Edited by vilehoopster

26 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

This is total BS. The White Sox can compete with Minnesota. Just play decent ball: catch the ball and hit the ball. Tilson catches that ball in center and the Twins don't score that inning and Rosario leads off the next inning with nobody on base. 

The Sox are something like 0 for 11 with runners in scoring position in the last two games with the Twins. In the 7th today, the Sox have men on 2nd and 3rd and nobody out. AND THEY DON'T SCORE. Get a hit there and the Sox are leading and we use our good bullpen guys, not Osich and Manaya. The Sox can compete with the Twins. The could have and should have won this game today. The Twins didn't win today; the Sox lost. Which makes it even worse. We should be better. But don't put out this BS that only Moncada could play for the Twins. 

We are not as good as the Twins but we will play them much tougher at home.  Twins at their home have always been a house of horrors for us.

• Like 1

Wowsie. That was a statement series if there ever was one. Let the tank season commence. Typical Sox, out of it just as the kids get out of school. Not that that's my concern. Hopefully crowd numbers will be so miniscule all season. We overachieved for a good while. Hope Ricky and Hahn can motivate the young stars of the future to work on their games despite being out of the race very early again.

1 hour ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Was debating on making the trip to Minnesota to see the Sox play over the weekend...glad I didnt do that!

Smartest move ever! Unless u just wanted to enjoy the nightlife.

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

The difference between the Twins and the Sox is Twins ownership doesn't tolerate continued underperformance. In 2016, the Twins fired their beloved GM, Terry Ryan. Before the start of the 2019 season, the Twins fired Paul Molitor a year after earning Manager of the Year. You don't get to rest on your laurels. The Twins know when they need to bring in fresh perspective. You could argue the Sox came into 2019 with a better looking team on paper than the Twins. The difference is the off-season moves and and commitment to fielding a competitive product game in and game out...not providing job security to underperforming patsies under the banner of a multi year rebuild.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, OneDog847 said:

And b****ing over and over helps the cause right?😕