8/5 Sox vs Brewers GT

soxfan49

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

True (like just now), but there have also been times when people have posted a screen shot that wasn’t from Twitter. And there’s been times when that screen shot gets posted here before Twitter has the lineup posted. It’s a screen shot with a black background. 

I get one from MLB Gameday

The drop-off in talent could be worse in the middle infield, but I hope they bring in a defense-first bench piece for the infield. Everyone on the infield (maybe even Madrigal) can hit above league average, so I'd like to see a guy that can make every defensive play fill in when needed. Maybe Yolbert Sanchez can become the new Yolmer next year

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MackowiakYakYak said:

The drop-off in talent could be worse in the middle infield, but I hope they bring in a defense-first bench piece for the infield. Everyone on the infield (maybe even Madrigal) can hit above league average, so I'd like to see a guy that can make every defensive play fill in when needed. Maybe Yolbert Sanchez can become the new Yolmer next year

Welcome to SoxTalk...love the screen name!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MackowiakYakYak said:

Welcome to Soxtalk!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MackowiakYakYak said:

Welcome!  I think Goins is that defense-first bench piece. I remember him from Toronto: he can't really hit, but man can he pick it at short.

49 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

new posters, new players, new season new good vibes!

It's kind of amazing to be here watching these guys play. Seems like just yesterday we traded Chris Sale and had that monster thread discussing it. 

Random observation but it's awesome how lively Soxtalk has been this season. I went 4-5 hours between visiting the site and nearly the entire Pale Hose Talk section featured threads with unread posts/pages. Not to mention, game threads get more than 5-6 replies before first pitch. I don't recall it being this energetic since 2016 (aside from the first few days of every season)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Anybody watching Ozzie on the pregame show? This man needs to be the manager of the team.

Every time I watch him this year, he's ranting about analytics, complaining about power hitters who don't have speed, and endlessly praising Abreu (which I figure you'd hate). Not sure why this sentiment exists

• Thanks 1