Engel To Begin Rehab Assignment Tomorrow in AAA

Kalapse

• Kalapse changed the title to Engel To Begin Rehab Assignment Tomorrow in AAA
11 hours ago, wegner said:

Who would have thought a couple of years ago that we would be clamoring for his return during our contention window?

I never would have thought it, and I have nothing against Engel. But I will take him over Eaton and Lamb.

11 hours ago, wegner said:

Who would have thought a couple of years ago that we would be clamoring for his return during our contention window?

Honestly, his career has been a pretty impressive statement on how much White Sox player development has improved in the last half decade or so.  Adam was a day 3 pick in the 19th round who has made the majors and found himself a role as a primary bench OF on a top level team.  He and Mendick both following that same path have really been both impressive find and development stories.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Plan A was Luis Robert.  I'd call that a pretty good Plan A.

We're talking about the Eloy and Robert injuries. 

The minute Robert went down and then Engel suffering this set back, I think there should have been a more aggressive plan to get a legit option to help the OF

• Like 1

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

We're talking about the Eloy and Robert injuries. 

The minute Robert went down and then Engel suffering this set back, I think there should have been a more aggressive plan to get a legit option to help the OF

It sounds great in theory, but teams don't make significant trades in April or May, especially coming off of a year where the minor leagues didn't play to be able to see some of these kids in the first place.

• Like 1

Really glad to have Engel back. Though like so many of our depth players, he is strongest against LHP. I expect we'll still see a lot of lamb since he's one of the few with good splits vs. rhp.

24 minutes ago, bmags said:

Really glad to have Engel back. Though like so many of our depth players, he is strongest against LHP. I expect we'll still see a lot of lamb since he's one of the few with good splits vs. rhp.

I know it's a small sample size, but Engel was actually better vs RHP last year than LHP. He needs to be in CF every day from the time he's back until the time Robert is back.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

This has been Hahn's plan A, B, and C all along ... terrible job by the GM. 

Well, to be fair, when you lose two potential MVP caliber OF's, thins are going to get hairy.  No team - even the Dodgers - are insulated for that.  

14 minutes ago, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

So who is gonna get cut or sent down to make room for Engel? Having Engel and Hamilton on the roster seems a bit redundant. 

Lamb or Mendick.  My guess is Mendick cause he has options and Tony seems to like Lamb.  

I don't think Engel/Hamilton are all that redundant because Engel is going to play most days until Robert comes back.  Hamilton goes back to what he should be doing which is strictly late inning defense / pinch running.

vs. RHP: Vaughn/Engel/Eaton' vs. LHP: Vaughn/Engel/Leury.  I assume we'll still see Leury take some CF starts against RHP, but you get the idea.  

6 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Does Lamb hit righties that much better than Blake Rutherford that we need to keep him for depth?

Lamb got off to a slow start that made everyone hate him despite the SSS . In the last 28 days  he is hitting .261. OBP .393 SLG .565 and .963 OPS. Of course this is  only a slightly larger SSS but he's not the pariah everyone seems to think he is at least for the last month.

• Like 1