9/8 🧦 v. 🐘 GT

soxfan49

3 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Goodwin is by far our worst outfielder.  He is a AAA player masquerading as a major leaguer.

We should’ve traded for Marte or Gallo at the deadline. Don’t get me wrong I like Engel but not as an everyday outfielder. He is more like a 4th outfielder that doesn’t play every game. We need someone at that position that can play a decent field and can hit the ball to the outfield.

Edited by maloney.adam

2 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

5.2 IP 8H 5ER. This is the end for his season. Will not be playing in post season. 

He was set-up to fail. We all knew he couldn't go 6 innings and that has been the case so many times with TLR's handling of Dallas.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Does this look like a team that's going deep in the playoffs?

No.  We need to play our A team all the time.  No Keuchel, Goodwin, Vaughn. Not resting any stars in the playoffs. Go with the horses in the bullpen,no Ruiz, Burr, etc. Be able to play small ball when called for.  Our runners in motion, try to avoid hitting into so many double plays..

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

We should’ve traded for Marte or Gallo at the deadline. Don’t get me wrong I like Engel but not as an everyday outfielder. He is more like a 4th outfielder that doesn’t play every game. We need someone at that position that can play a decent field and can hit the ball to the outfield.

Gallo is horrible. Barely hitting 150 for Yankees.

2 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Goodwin is by far our worst outfielder.  He is a AAA player masquerading as a major leaguer.

I was told I was an "amateur" for not considering his sprint speed as an indication he is a good outfielder. He was fine as a NRI mid season signing, but he really is a AAAA player, good enough to show signs he can be on a roster, but not a starter in important games.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

If you’re giving up like this, then pull Robert so he can play tomorrow. This was embarrassing by Tony.

He seems to only do this with his catchers, rarely takes out Abreu or others even in 10 + run games. When he rests his starters, they may as well wear pajamas, as he will rarely if ever insert them even to pinch hit late in a tie/1 run game.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic