Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t know what that means and how it relates to Hahn making a trade that would never happen.

Schmuck: Noun. A foolish or contemptible person. 

Used in a sentence: Hahn is the same schmuck that traded away Tatis and a king's ransom for a bad season of Jeff Samardzija. 

18 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

What boss is going out and saying these guys suck, and we need better players?

What the hell are you talking about? They don't even have a 2nd basemen. Is this person that doesn't exist going to be offended?

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Used in a sentence: Hahn is the same schmuck that traded away Tatis and a king's ransom for a bad season of Jeff Samardzija. 

Ahhh yes so let’s stress about a series of awful moves that are surely never going to happen. Makes sense. 

1 minute ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Well, I was told that this roster desperately needed that closer depth, so who am I to argue?

In Rick Hahn we trust, right?

They didn't need a closer, let alone a bad one. But we're not here to b**** about last year. I want some improvements to this year's team.

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Ahhh yes so let’s stress about a series of awful moves that are surely never going to happen. Makes sense. 

Hahn has always been taken to the cleaners on trades when he's been a buyer. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

20 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

I'm now convinced that this will be what  Hahn ends up doing:

Tepera 2/$10MM

Jorge Soler 3/$45MM

Trade Vaughn and Sheets for Bassitt

Roll with a Leury/Mendick platoon at 2B.

Book it.

You nailed the Tepera call IMO.

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Get a grip dude.  There is plenty of reason to be critical of past moves but that doesn’t mean those correlate in any way to moves in the present.  

• Like 1

Just now, Sarava said:

They didn't need a closer, let alone a bad one. But we're not here to b**** about last year. I want some improvements to this year's team.

I agree: at the TDL, when Eloy/Robert/Engel were all on or just coming off the IL, and Eaton was cut, I was told that Kimbrel would solve this problem.

Now, with Eloy/Robert/Engel all healthy, why WOULDNT you just double down on Kimbrel?

In any case, RH said that they're ready to roll with what they got, but if they add WS Champion Jorge Soler to this team, would you not be pleased?

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

What’s funny is not one of the prospects that Hahn gave up in the Shark trade were top 100 prospects, yet everyone here acts like they were surefire stars.  It was far from a king’s ransom at the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soxfan3530 said:

Honest question, if we can’t get anything good and his value is at an all-time low, wouldn’t it make sense to keep Kimbrel and hope he bounces back? 
That way he has more value during the season. 

I think Kimbrel is garbage and I want him gone.

• Like 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

What’s funny is not one of the prospects that Hahn gave up in the Shark trade were top 100 prospects, yet everyone here acts like they were surefire stars.  It was far from a king’s ransom at the time.

I agree: its totally unfair to criticize RH. That was a good trade. 

1 minute ago, soxfan3530 said:

Honest question, if we can’t get anything good and his value is at an all-time low, wouldn’t it make sense to keep Kimbrel and hope he bounces back? 
That way he has more value during the season. 

I don’t think they keep him no matter what.  The return is less important than clearing the salary IMO. 

2 minutes ago, gogosox1959 said:

The Yiddish definition of schmuck is much more pejorative.  It literally and figuratively means a prick (penis)

In more common usage it can just mean a "dope" 

Yep. 

I also know what the yiddish definition of putz is. 

Just now, soxfan3530 said:

Except his career proves he’s not. 

He's a hall of fame closer, but he's not the same guy that dominated for all those years in Boston and Atlanta. The last 3 seasons he has been hot garbage outside of an amazing first half with the Cubs last year.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sarava said:

He's a hall of fame closer, but he's not the same guy that dominated for all those years in Boston and Atlanta. The last 3 seasons he has been hot garbage outside of an amazing first half with the Cubs last year.

And it's gone..... a home run. 

I completely agree with you.