Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Who'd a thunk outfield defense is important?  This just means Pollock to the Sox for sure, lol.

Oops.

Stuck with Kimbrel again. 

I remember a time many years ago when we ended up with one of the best LH relievers in baseball because they were going to be a spring training roster cut and would have been exposed...Damaso Marte.  Pretty sure Thornton was the other one.  Although one would doubt it's Micker Adolfo or a White Sox reliever having similar success if given an opportunity.

What I got from this is that Micker Adolfo is going to be converted to a LH reliever.

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

What I got from this is that Micker Adolfo is going to be converted to a LH reliever.

No...that Kimbrel being on roster carries yet another danger. Which amounts to losing a bullpen arm we wouldn't have had to if not for this particular situation.

Everyone was already reconciled to losing Adolfo, so he becomes the most obvious aspect of any trade package at this point.

Along with an elevated risk of injury to Kimbrel.  The Sox would get roughly $8~10 million back, assuming he's insured in a similar fashion to David Wells in 2001.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I actually thought all these Sox offseason moves are exactly the types of moves a team in teardown mode would be making, like the club approaching 2016-17 offseason...hoping to flip them at the deadline.  Well, Graveman and Kelly both would be considered riskier I suppose.

Edited by caulfield12

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Just buys out his arb years and nothing more. Sorta an odd deal for both sides. Has to mean Matt isn't very confident in his body imo.

Probably darn near the projection, and injuries really crush arb numbers.

Jays likely didn’t want to tell a judge how much Chapman sucks just after acquiring him.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Probably darn near the projection, and injuries really crush arb numbers.

Jays likely didn’t want to tell a judge how much Chapman sucks just after acquiring him.

Yea it guarantees Matt 24 million or so in case his hip flares up again and the blue jays take on some downside risk in order to you know, as you said, keep the relationship solid and bet on individual and team success.

14 minutes ago, fathom said:

Just wanted to say I’m already irrationally angry about seeing Leury play RF in what looks to be the Sox main lineup today

Vaughn batting 9th, below Harrison and Leury should make make your anger even worse….

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, fathom said:

Just wanted to say I’m already irrationally angry about seeing Leury play RF in what looks to be the Sox main lineup today

He is going to play 140 games and get 500 at bats if healthy.  

Today's lineup leads is going to piss me off all year as Sheets/Vaugh are the "second" clean up men who can drive in the low OBP guys ahead of them who are never on base so when both have 18 RBI at the all-star break they will appear to be failing and the Sox will need to trade for a big DH bat but instead will add a RP.  

• Like 1

• Quin locked this topic