Kimbrel traded for AJ Pollock

Sleepy Harold

18 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I really don't want to give up Sheets, Ramos and Thompson in what fathom was suggesting. Ramos could be very valuable by the deadline and actually could be the future 2B not too long from now.

Two top prospects plus Sheets is a massive overpay IMO.  Like you said, Ramos could be a top 100 prospect as soon as July.  Thompson was an overslot 2nd round pick who got a $2.1M bonus (Chase Petty got a $2.5M bonus and was the sole return for Gray).  And Sheets hit RHP very well last year and actually passes the eye test from a quality at-bat perspective.  I’d actually downgrade my offseason score if they gave up all three of those guys for Manaea.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, mqr said:

Pretty much, you're gonna see a lot of Adam Engel in the 8th and 9th

Until they both go down with bad hamstrings and lower back problems. I'm not always a glass half empty type, but given these guys' track records, it's not out of the question.

21 minutes ago, FoxForce2 said:

Until they both go down with bad hamstrings and lower back problems. I'm not always a glass half empty type, but given these guys' track records, it's not out of the question.

Hamstrings have been a real thing the last few years, hopefully we see an improvement.

Can everyone chill for a second now…. Until AJ gets hurt (fingers crossed that he doesn’t). Big upgrade for this season to bridge the next RFer. Hoping for our home grown guys to make it. Great job on the trade by Hahn. 

3 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

It’s going to be either Sheets or Burger but if I were to guess most likely Sheets because he really has no place on this roster now since we traded for Pollock. Vaughn or Eloy will be the DH now.

IMO, A's will be looking for a pitching prospect in any trade for Manaea plus Sheets, Burger, or Vaughn.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

IMO, A's will be looking for a pitching prospect in any trade for Manaea plus Sheets, Burger, or Vaughn.

You really, really need to look at what other SP are being traded for. Vaughn alone would get a lot more than Manaea. 

Burger/Sheets + a pitching prospect is more realistic

Edited by CeaseAndExist

5 hours ago, hogan873 said:

I like it.  So...since TLR said his shit about fans wanting to upgrade the OF are not real fans, the Sox have acquired two outfielders.  Maybe he should talk some shit about fans wanting another SP.

and another manager

and the biggest pipe dream..affluent ownership that can compete with Big Boy ownerships

No more paper mache billionaires

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

First thing the Twins' radio guys said was Pollock in LF, Eloy at DH and Engel to RF. 

Of course, they also have TA7 as a free agent after this year, ignoring all the options in his contract.

Btw, how many games in the last five years does Pollock have in RF?

When I'm looking for White Sox analysis, I go to Twins' radio.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

13 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

First thing the Twins' radio guys said was Pollock in LF, Eloy at DH and Engel to RF. 

Of course, they also have TA7 as a free agent after this year, ignoring all the options in his contract.

Btw, how many games in the last five years does Pollock have in RF?

To answer the RF question though, Pollock does only have 6 career games there. Majority of his Dodgers tenure was in left, but he did spend time in center.

Just now, Quin said:

To answer the RF question though, Pollock does only have 6 career games there. Majority of his Dodgers tenure was in left, but he did spend time in center.

Thought so...so it's not like there isn't going to be a learning curve here for someone. They're not dumb enough to suddenly switch Eloy to RF one would hope.  I'm assuming Friedman discussed this issue with Pollock before the trade went down.

1 minute ago, Quin said:

People need to hold off on the lineup stuff anyways we are going to have injuries and he is going to move around the fact he can play CF is a plus though.

5 minutes ago, Quin said:

When I'm looking for White Sox analysis, I go to Twins' radio.

Just wanted to see how Archer did...not well. 

Twins seem most concerned about who they will rotate at 3B and LF.  Larnach sent down.

I do find it amusing I know more about the Twins despite being 13 times zones removed compared to what the professionals paid to announce games know about one of their top rivals merely a state away.

23 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

People need to hold off on the lineup stuff anyways we are going to have injuries and he is going to move around the fact he can play CF is a plus though.

This goes back to the initial argument of no Kimbrel option, sign Joc and platoon him in RF with Engel (where they are both comfortable/experienced), sign Eduardo Escobar and invest the $10 savings into a starting pitcher.

The fWAR for that particular combination will work out 3-4 points higher.

Edited by caulfield12

12 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

This goes back to the initial argument of no Kimbrel option, sign Joc and platoon him in RF with Engel (where they are both comfortable/experienced), sign Eduardo Escobar and invest the $10 savings into a starting pitcher.

The fWAR for that particular combination will work out 3-4 points higher.

But Joc is pretty terrible, no?

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

But Joc is pretty terrible, no?

In RF?  Well, we will just have to wait and see how Pollock does with his six career games there and about a week to adjust.  Sort of like Andrew Vaughn last year.  Of course, playing a new position and having a history of hamstring problems...