Micker Adolfo DFA'd

DirtySox

5 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I feel like we should be packaging Adolfo with some other prospects to land a solid starter from a team that won't be contending this year.

Is John Means an option?  Anybody else?

I agree. They should dangle Sheets with him and see what they can get. There’s no use for Sheets on this roster if AV is the DH and there’s no point on sending Sheets down to AAA. 

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I agree. They should dangle Sheets with him and see what they can get. There’s no use for Sheets on this roster if AV is the DH and there’s no point on sending Sheets down to AAA. 

Fuck having depth I guess.

I'm willing to bet Eloy, Vaughn, Abreu, Pollock all see at least one 10-day IL stint each at some point through out the year.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Again, for the record, the Sox either have to keep him on the major league roster, or they have to expose him to waivers so that the entire rest of baseball has to have an opportunity to claim him, before the White Sox can send him down.

This isn't about having, or not having, depth.  It comes down to can the Sox afford to roster him while he is still an extremely raw work in progress, or do they need to see if they can move him for the best available offer?

Any deal isn't likely to be a blockbuster, as the next team to get him also has to keep him on the major league roster, or expose him to waivers to try to get him to the minors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Again, for the record, the Sox either have to keep him on the major league roster, or they have to expose him to waivers so that the entire rest of baseball has to have an opportunity to claim him, before the White Sox can send him down.

This isn't about having, or not having, depth.  It comes down to can the Sox afford to roster him while he is still an extremely raw work in progress, or do they need to see if they can move him for the best available offer?

Any deal isn't likely to be a blockbuster, as the next team to get him also has to keep him on the major league roster, or expose him to waivers to try to get him to the minors.

My depth comment was about Sheets.

32 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Fuck having depth I guess.

I'm willing to bet Eloy, Vaughn, Abreu, Pollock all see at least one 10-day IL stint each at some point through out the year.

Good bet.

• Like 1

Just now, Colome's Hat said:

Could Adolpho be a piece of a larger package that could get them a better starting pitcher?

Thinking MOntas...

Also, would Adolpho's options be reset with another club?

No, any team that doesn't keep him on the active roster would have to DFA him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colome's Hat said:

Could Adolpho be a piece of a larger package that could get them a better starting pitcher?

Thinking MOntas...

Also, would Adolpho's options be reset with another club?

Yes, but unlikely.

no his options don’t get reset. 

3 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Pardon my ignorance, by what happens if we expose him to waivers and he gets claimed by another team?  Then are the options reset?

No.  He just goes to the claiming team (he won't make it past the O's) and is out of options there still.  This process continues to repeat itself until he finds a home, or clear waivers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Outside of the Rays, no team scouts better IMO than the Padres.   

I'm pretty sure they won't be fooled by a ST sample size. 

I don't think it's a matter of being fooled by a ST sample size. Of course any team will have to check his minor league stats from last year and watch video but also have to understand where he is coming from. If he never had as many injuries as he did he could've been a big power hitting OF with a very strong arm . He has tools that teams look for. They also have to analyze his process. He is selective, does he drive the ball the opposite way, break down his mechanics etc.. It's exactly why I made the thread about him.

I would be fine with merging the 2 threads

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

If he's a friend of Hector Gomez, then I trust this rumor. 

But wouldn't putting this out there kill any leverage the Sox have? Unless this is to light a fire under the asses of teams that have no chance of claiming him on waivers?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1