TLR 2022 Thread

chitownsportsfan

15 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

They said it would not be before he took the job.

Tony stated publicly this is the lone reason he even considered returning, and that he wouldn't have given a second of consideration if this wasn't the case.

I continue to boycott the BBHOF as a result.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Tony stated publicly this is the lone reason he even considered returning, and that he wouldn't have given a second of consideration if this wasn't the case.

I continue to boycott the BBHOF as a result.

I’m living 2 lakes over for 2 more months. I’m totally going to the HOF. I am specifically after a selfie with #35.

Just now, JoeC said:

I was surprised to see this thread empty after the lineup for yesterday's nightcap was posted.

"Welcome to the big leagues, kid. Here's a AAA lineup behind you to make you feel at home."

I think everyone assumed long before the double header was played there would be a bad lineup.

A few things that make this manager so irritating:

*I get that players need a day off here and there. But, with this team it just happens way too often. Add in that many times, it will be a hitter who might finally be coming around (yesterday for one of the first times all year that Abreu looked like his old self, and Anderson on a nice run). The guys who truly need days off are Garcia and Harrison!

*Why can't the guys sitting be used as a pinch hitter or late inning replacement? You have at to at least try to win and use as many weapons as possible. For Anderson and/or Abreu to not get an at bat, late in a one-run game is inexcusable. To have the players who are being rested, sometimes not even be in full uniform is ridiculous - and certainly goes against all that the Manager of "respecting the game" seems to preach.

*No manager is worse at getting relief pitchers up in a timely manner, or getting two up at the same time.

*And during games TLR seems to do absolutely nothing. He is not conferring with other coaches or the players. He seems very disinterested whenever they show him. And the only time he comes off even worse is the post game  "dead man mumbling" press conferences.

This team is NOWHERE near good enough to throw winnable games out the window, and consistently make the poor decisions that are being made.

• Like 2

When Chicago media asks legitimate questions, this is the response they receive. 

Most WSCR hosts have been critical of the hire and his decisions since. Many here claim the criticism is due to "ageism" or "politics", rather than what Tony is or is not doing as Manager. 

For the rest of what remains of the media, most just want to continue staying employed. Parroting the latest press release or statement, kissing ass and not rocking the boat is the easiest way to stay "out of trouble". That's how Bruce Levine has remained in the business since Abner Doubleday.

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Who is available? Team needs a shakeup. Last year might as well be 10 years ago the club feels so different and it reminds me of late stage Ozzie with the lineups.

It would be Cairo or McEwing interim.  Not that there is any chance TLR is going anywhere. 

It's easy to point at the players and say they're not performing.  And it's certainly valid to do so.  However, when players are subject to an environment with constant lineup changes, poor bullpen management, inconsistent days off, and poor messaging on why decisions are made, it will affect their performance.  We haven't heard much from the players this year, not as much as last year for sure, defending TLR.  Maybe it means something, maybe it doesn't.  To me, it seems like the players are going through the motions a lot, even in close games.  There doesn't seem to be much life and excitement.  That tells me there's a leadership issue.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

It's easy to point at the players and say they're not performing.  And it's certainly valid to do so.  However, when players are subject to an environment with constant lineup changes, poor bullpen management, inconsistent days off, and poor messaging on why decisions are made, it will affect their performance.  We haven't heard much from the players this year, not as much as last year for sure, defending TLR.  Maybe it means something, maybe it doesn't.  To me, it seems like the players are going through the motions a lot, even in close games.  There doesn't seem to be much life and excitement.  That tells me there's a leadership issue.

To me it all goes back to Jose contemplating retirement in spring training. Just seems a portentous comment in hindsight. Maybe he could sense a bad year coming.

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's too bad that the White Sox media is made up of cowards and yes men, as his status should be debated as the headline of every single White Sox discussion happening in Chicago right now.

Instead, nothing.

First time I heard Jason makes some backhanded shots at TLR yesterday.  Not directly media, but he sees the insanity even if he tries to head it.