GT: Sox @ Guardians Game 2: Lambert vs. McKenzie

ChiSox59

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

That lineup reads LaRussa punishing the dog shit performance from the starters the last game. 

This lineup was planned before the first game today. TA and Abreu playing like ass bought them some more time off when they should be playing again. 

Just now, harkness99 said:

he aint sitting them as a punishment

he is doing the same dumbfuck shit he did last year.

Punting games all year so we can be rested for October...worked great last year right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I knew this lineup was coming earlier, but it's frustrating to not hold the guys accountable and throw them back out there to redeem themselves in game 2. 

TLR has always been a player's manager. You see why the players always have nice things to say about him for the most part. The problem is that you can't get spanked by 10 in game 1 with 5 errors in 2 innings and give those guys the 2nd game off. That just sends the message that something like that is no big deal when it should be. 

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

Guys a d bag.  He gave up 9 straight hits.  Defense was in fact atrocious, but that isn't the way to address it.  Wish we had the depth to jettison his ass to the moon.  

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Guys a d bag.  He gave up 9 straight hits.  Defense was in fact atrocious, but that isn't the way to address it.  Wish we had the depth to jettison his ass to the moon.  

I think by jettisoning his ass to the moon it would be in fact helping our depth.

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

TLR has always been a player's manager. You see why the players always have nice things to say about him for the most part. The problem is that you can't get spanked by 10 in game 1 with 5 errors in 2 innings and give those guys the 2nd game off. That just sends the message that something like that is no big deal when it should be. 

I kind of think veterans should be treated differently, but I would hope and think these guys would WANT to play the 2nd game.

Maybe they do but La Russa is sticking with the plan. This team operates as if they're the best team in the NBA - they give rest and guarantee quite a bit of it under the guise that these games don't matter because they're so talented and the playoffs are a lock. It's a dangerous path to choose. 

I also think it's a bad mindset to play with and did them a disservice last year.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1