White Sox vs Guardians GT 4/21/22

soxfan49

It is amazing how little interest i have in the Sox after the rain delays, the double header, and TLRs drunk inspired lineups. Am I turning into a fairweawther fan? Might be better for my health as long as Hahn, TLR, and Jerry are at the helm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I would certainly hope so.

I'd literally prefer Hahn, a man with zero on field coaching experience, manage this team.  The manager's one job is to put his team in the best position to win.  For 175 games now, we can clearly say that TLR does just the opposite more often than not.  

I've said it before and I will say it again, you can't deny TLR's management resume.  He is, in fact, a HOF.  But this just a different game than the one he managed.  He's drunk at the wheel.  This team isn't good enough to coast through this season. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

It is amazing how little interest i have in the Sox after the rain delays, the double header, and TLRs drunk inspired lineups. Am I turning into a fairweawther fan? Might be better for my health as long as Hahn, TLR, and Jerry are at the helm.

Same here, kinda dreading the game today and wishing it was rained out.  

3 minutes ago, scs787 said:

I think TLR is just trying to appease to the masses that call Leury "Leury Legend." Sox fans obviously love the guy. 

I'm with Stone though. Wayyyyy to early for doom and gloom. 

I agree that it is too early for doom and gloom but no excuses for how bad some of these lineups look.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scs787 said:

I think TLR is just trying to appease to the masses that call Leury "Leury Legend." Sox fans obviously love the guy. 

I'm with Stone though. Wayyyyy to early for doom and gloom. 

I don't think Sox fans like Leury, I think they widley hate him.  Leury Legend was a knickname created by the front office/managers, not the fans. I don't know a single Sox fan that likes Leury as a player.

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I don't think Sox fans like Leury, I think they widley hate him.  Leury Legend was a knickname created by the front office/managers, not the fans. I don't know a single Sox fan that likes Leury as a player.

The thing is Leury would be absolutely fine doing exactly what he is good at, which should be getting 350-400 ABs a year around the IF, and OF if needed, not really starting, but getting about 4 days a week in the field mostly around getting the real starters days off.  There is also nothing wrong with giving him specific match ups.

The problem isn't Leury, it's how Tony is using him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I actually don’t hate Leury Garcia, I just hate seeing him play baseball as often as he does. 

• Like 1