GAMETHREAD 4/28/22: KC Royals at ChiSox (Keller vs Kopech) 1:10 pm CDT

maloney.adam

BTW, losing today's game would make no sense if Sox, beaten up as they are, truly are a contender. At home against a miserable division opponent,. Cmon baby just win.

p.s. Are there any more fans there today than yesterday? I saw a pic in the first inning of Wednesday game and NO WAY there were 1,000 fans there for the first inning at least. I mean you could send somebody down there to count fans. 12,000 fans? Cmon. there were 500 fans there at most (unless it was fake news photo, doctored, photo shopped).

Edited by greg775

I just looked at other pitchers and only one is down across the board and as much as the Sox pitchers are. 

The only other staff that is having similar issues is Philly. 

Giolito is down 1 full mph, Cease 0.6 mph, Kopech 1.8 mph. 

Wheeler is down 2.0(injured) and Nola is down 0.7

Edited by Jack Parkman

The fact that Cease is seemingly having a breakout year makes it a lot easier as a fan to be patient when Kopech when has control struggles or runs up the pitch count early and to be happy with the flashes of greatness we see.

EDIT: Or when he hangs a juicy slider.....

Edited by gusguyman

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

BTW, losing today's game would make no sense if Sox, beaten up as they are, truly are a contender. At home against a miserable division opponent,. Cmon baby just win.

p.s. Are there any more fans there today than yesterday? I saw a pic in the first inning of Wednesday game and NO WAY there were 1,000 fans there for the first inning at least. I mean you could send somebody down there to count fans. 12,000 fans? Cmon. there were 500 fans there at most (unless it was fake news photo, doctored, photo shopped).

Season ticket holders are included, so it's tickets sold.

Fwiw, Tigers are out drawing the Sox by 2500 per game and we are about 1000 clear of Minnesota although they are certain to get a big bounce when the weather improves.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I just looked at other pitchers and only one is down across the board and as much as the Sox pitchers are. 

The only other staff that is having similar issues is Philly. 

Giolito is down 1 full mph, Cease 0.6 mph, Kopech 1.8 mph. 

Gonna guess that's due almost entirely to the fact the Sox haven't played in a single warm weather city yet