7/23 Sox / Guardians G2 6:15PM TLR promoted yet?

Vote4Pedro

Just now, hankchifan said:

Foster has one career save.  We need more of our key relievers be able to throw more than one inning in critical situations.  Foster should not have been there in the9 thin such an important game.  We dodged a high caliber bullet.

I think he has 2 career saves 😎

Just now, MeanJoeCrede said:

I honestly believe that if Ricky is still managing this team we are leading the Central by 7 games right now.

Bold statement…. I believe that if anyone else besides TLR is managing this team they are in 1st in the central 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

TLR is like a college professor with tenure.  He does whatever he wants without worrying about getting fired, as JR has giving him tenure.

He's like anyone who doesn't need the job and has been recognized as one of the best at that job. I don't think he fears getting fired, just because he'll survive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MeanJoeCrede said:

I honestly believe that if Ricky is still managing this team we are leading the Central by 7 games right now.

Me too.  It’s a shame he shit all over himself in that playoff game.  That was bad

1 hour ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Bold statement…. I believe that if anyone else besides TLR is managing this team they are in 1st in the central 

That's what the Sox get for firing a guy after getting them in the playoffs. That's pretty dumb. It's actually unfair (even tho at the time I didn't like his moves in that playoff exit series). But still, to axe a guy after a playoff season is pretty bush league and u deserve what u get with the successor.

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

23 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Ricky was a dogshit manager.  And yes he was.

Cmon. Who is a good manager? Seriously? Name 2-3 "good" managers. RR was as good as most of the big league managers. Didn't even the wizard, the genius, Joe Maddon, get fired this year? ... Francona has always seemed decent but I bet he has his detractors. Dusty is pretty good I guess. I'd think he has detractors as well.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1