Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

22 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I’m not buying that KW is taking the lead here. If he was, he’d be talking to a lot of teams and it would leak IMO. Besides, Hahn has been hiding behind decisions being collective. They all have to go. Trade the free agents to be. Leave the others to someone who may be competent. 

it just amazes me no one has lost their job yet. It’s beyond crazy.

What? Fire someone while in a "Championship Window"!!

Edited by Saufley
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

38 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Is  The coward Rick going to speak to the media today or is he going to hide? 

Yes, he did hide ala Ryan Pace. Pedro Grifol took the press conference instead, because he honors his responsibilities unlike the worthless Reinsdorf crony hire. 

Pedro said the following:

• "This is on me. I said we had high expectations and we failed to meet them. I am disappointed and there is no excuse for it."
  • "We are addressing all of the components. We are trying to finish strong and get ready for next season."
  • "I am having difficult conversations with players, but I'm not going to throw them under the bus publicly."
  • "Whether it's personnel changes or cultural changes or whatever the case may be, it's going to happen."

Fire Rick Hahn, NOW!

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, NCsoxfan said:

serious question: do you guys think Hahn even believes in himself anymore? I would guess these last few weeks have taken any last remaining wind out of his sails 

Literally everything he counted on making this team a contender has failed.  Every player has been incorrectly valued or handled.  It’s hard for me to believe that he thinks he is the man for this job anymore 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, The Grinder said:

He's gotta know hes taking a HUGE hit in the media and the fans, so yes I would think his self-esteem is probably lower than Sebys batting average 

Nothing will have an impact on Hahn's ego/hubris.

He will just put on his mask and go on like everything's perfectly okay...just focused on that day's opponent, fill in with appropriate cliches like "we're doing everything possible as a staff each and every day to provide fans the championship-caliber team they deserve."

• Like 1

On 7/24/2023 at 9:28 AM, South Side Hit Men said:

The two primary differences between Kenny and Hahn are Kenny could assess baseball talent and was successful flipping his poor prospects for veteran talent.

Hahn cannot assess talent, including in his own system, dealt his best prospects for bad end of line veterans, and hangs onto the bad ones until the point nothing can be salvaged.

Hahn needed solid baseball people around him to help with player evaluation, but he instead hired Michigan cronies equally inept at talent evaluation.

Not that I'm not one of the sharks circling the sinking ship, but much of Hahn's failure is attributable to injuries and player regression.  Throw in bad managing and coaching too.  But his bad talent evaluation gets the grand prize.

13 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Not that I'm not one of the sharks circling the sinking ship, but much of Hahn's failure is attributable to injuries and player regression.  Throw in bad managing and coaching too.  But his bad talent evaluation gets the grand prize.

IMO it's always been poor roster management including depth.

All players undergo injuries, most have at least competent fill ins who can field a position. the Sox repeatedly for years threw DHs/1B to cover everything but catcher. Same with lack of rotation depth. Bullpen is the only place Hahn plans for, and like everything he over spends to do so.

Anyone else hoping that Hahn’s absence during an expected presser (after the long road trip)  is an indication that he may be bounced? 

…. Ahh but one may dream. He will likely pop back up in a few days announcing the trades for more overpriced relievers and utility players. 

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Nothing will have an impact on Hahn's ego/hubris.

He will just put on his mask and go on like everything's perfectly okay...just focused on that day's opponent, fill in with appropriate cliches like "we're doing everything possible as a staff each and every day to provide fans the championship-caliber team they deserve."

Agree 100%. As I've said before this guy and the rest of the Sox Front office live in an alternate reality. Hahn lives on the North Shore of Chicago with millions in the bank. He works a job where he can fail spectaculuary with no consequences. Based on the results of the last few years, it also seems like he is working maybe 10-15 hours a week max. As the kids say, dude is crushing it.  

12 hours ago, Timmy U said:

I suspect The Eagles know why Hahn did not do his customary press conference:

Hahn is merely using the trade deadline as an excuse to bail on his media session. Guy is too bust for that right now. 

Just now, LittleHurtCG said:

Agree 100%. As I've said before this guy and the rest of the Sox Front office live in an alternate reality. Hahn lives on the North Shore of Chicago with millions in the bank. He works a job where he can fail spectaculuary with no consequences. Based on the results of the last few years, it also seems like he is working maybe 10-15 hours a week max. As the kids say, dude is crushing it.  

Hahn is merely using the trade deadline as an excuse to bail on his media session. Guy is too bust for that right now. 

Yep. I wonder what the excuse will be for cancelling the 2024 Soxfest? Not only are they bad at their jobs, but they are also cowards. What a horrible combination. 

6 minutes ago, GreatScott82 said:

Anyone else hoping that Hahn’s absence during an expected presser (after the long road trip)  is an indication that he may be bounced? 

…. Ahh but one may dream. He will likely pop back up in a few days announcing the trades for more overpriced relievers and utility players. 

He is most defintely gonna pop back up soon once he makes a few shitty trades. He will spout his usual word salad about how he feels the Sox fans pain and is just as disappointed as they are. He will also rattle off some mumbo jumbo about changes in the offseason that will never happen and how he is confident they will be better next year. Then he will likely head to his Michigan lake house with his family for the rest of the Summer and turn on his out of office email responder. 

• Hawk 1

1 hour ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Even if Hahn gets fired, the POS owner will likely promote the next one in line, which is likely the loser Chris Getz who is the Asst. GM and director of player development, who has assisted Hahn in the player evaluations and player developing in the minors. Like that scenario doesn't reek of a disaster and another GM trainwreck.

I'm sorry but until Jerry passes away and the team is sold, this team will live in one constant hellfire nightmare. 

• Like 2

I'm still trying to figure out how Grifol was the answer for this team. He may be a smart and fun coach, but he is no manager, and everyone but Hahn knew that. 

I also love how people felt sorry for Hahn because he got stuck with TLR. Then proceeded to hire the worst possible candidate for the job when given the chance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GreatScott82 said:

Too busy parsing over the Rule V eligibles of the Rays, Astros, Orioles, Diamondbacks and Dodgers to meet with the riffraff media.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Even if Hahn gets fired, the POS owner will likely promote the next one in line, which is likely the loser Chris Getz who is the Asst. GM and director of player development, who has assisted Hahn in the player evaluations and player developing in the minors. Like that scenario doesn't reek of a disaster and another GM trainwreck.

I'm sorry but until Jerry passes away and the team is sold, this team will live in one constant hellfire nightmare. 

Maybe Jerry will go Charlie O. and take over the GM duties himself.  Couldn't hurt, might help. 😁

• Haha 1