Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

30 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

While there’s always that possibility, the White Sox are currently irrelevant. So does it really matter fandom wise if they lose 95 games or 105?

I guarantee the next GM of the White Sox will not be around as long as Hahn if he fails at the same clip. He’s made Bob Pulford look like he got a raw deal.

I guarantee nothing will change while JR is Chairman. 

Both of our guarantees really don't mean much.

It can get worse™

On 8/12/2023 at 11:00 AM, Texsox said:

I guarantee nothing will change while JR is Chairman. 

Both of our guarantees really don't mean much.

It can get worse™

For the most part, the team has been losing since the all-star break in 2006. JR has not acted like he has cared all that much.  Why should anything change?

• Thanks 1

"Following the 2014 season, “We were coming off a tough year but also sitting there realizing that we have the prime of Chris Sale's career ahead of us, the prime of Jose Abreu's career ahead of us and we wanted to make sure we were in a position to capitalize and win within that window,” says Hahn."

https://www.si.com/mlb/2015/01/30/white-sox-offseason-rick-hahn-jeff-samardzija-david-robertson

From the annals of Hahn, just crowing about his great work in the winter of 2014.  
Fire him then.
Fire him today.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

25 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

"Following the 2014 season, “We were coming off a tough year but also sitting there realizing that we have the prime of Chris Sale's career ahead of us, the prime of Jose Abreu's career ahead of us and we wanted to make sure we were in a position to capitalize and win within that window,” says Hahn."

https://www.si.com/mlb/2015/01/30/white-sox-offseason-rick-hahn-jeff-samardzija-david-robertson

From the annals of Hahn, just crowing about his great work in the winter of 2014.  
Fire him then.
Fire him today.

76-86 in 2015. 78-84 in 2016 before they gave up on that idea. How bad does someone have to be before it dawns on their employer or themself, that they cannot do this job?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

76-86 in 2015. 78-84 in 2016 before they gave up on that idea. How bad does someone have to be before it dawns on their employer or themself, that they cannot do this job?

It appears pretty bad, and shame has no impact 

1 hour ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

My God, I had forgotten we had traded both Bassitt and Semien for one year of Jeff Samardzija. Guh. 

Yep, could've had your middle INF as Tatis Jr and Semien who is quietly the most underrated 2B in probably the history of the game.

Don't get me wrong, TA is okay, but the Sock have been cheap for awhile, and pretty dumb to add to it.

3 hours ago, Texsox said:

image.png

And we of course have seen how often the Sox are able to rescue failed talent in the past with this front office. Can probably count the number of times on one hand.

The fact is these former first round draft picks wouldn't be available in the first place if they were any good. 

25 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

And we of course have seen how often the Sox are able to rescue failed talent in the past with this front office. Can probably count the number of times on one hand.

The fact is these former first round draft picks wouldn't be available in the first place if they were any good. 

Eh, I have zero problem with churning the bottom of the roster with guys like this and frankly encourage it. Doing this is a valid strategy for cutting the length of a multi year rebuild and finding key surprising players. 

In fact: one of the problems with the last White Sox rebuild is that they utterly failed at doing this. The only surprise guys they came up with for the entire rebuild 3 year period were Narvaez (traded for an expensive closer) and McCann (they signed a $70 million catcher to replace him). They had 3.5 years of playing time with a clearly rebuilding team and had 0 positive pieces to show for it as early as 2021 - the closest you can come are Jose Ruiz and Evan Marshall. The lack of coaching staff may be a factor in this.

I will have a problem with it if they bring in numerous guys like this and then cut them all in the offseason after 2 months to clear room for Severino and DeJong who they decide they need for their competitive 2024 roster. These are the types of moves that benefit you if you do them enough and commit to them over multiple years. They won’t stop a gushing wound tomorrow, they won’t even be bandaids.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Matt Thornton

Bobby Jenks

Sergio Santos

Carlos Quentin

Adam Eaton

48 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Matt Thornton

Bobby Jenks

Sergio Santos

Carlos Quentin

Adam Eaton

Correct me if I'm wrong but Thornton, Quentin and Eaton were not waived by their former clubs, the Sox acquired them in trades. Not the same as a first round draft pick being so bad they were simply released by the organization. 

7 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but Thornton, Quentin and Eaton were not waived by their former clubs, the Sox acquired them in trades. Not the same as a first round draft pick being so bad they were simply released by the organization. 

It is easy to believe a quality organization could take former first round Sox draft picks who were underachieving and develop them into MLB talent. I'm a fan so I'm going to believe the Sox can do that with other players. Change of scenery. New coaches. Desperate to keep their dream alive. 

:gosox2:

During the 2008 season, Baseball Prospectus had named Hahn one of the top-ten GM candidates in the game.[7] In July 2011, SportsIllustrated.com ranked Hahn as the No. 1 General Manager Candidate in Major League Baseball.[8] Similarly, in March 2010, Baseball America named Hahn the No. 1 General Manager prospect in baseball.[9][10]

On October 26, 2012, the White Sox promoted Kenny Williams from general manager to executive vice president, and promoted Hahn from assistant general manager to general manager.[11]

In retrospect he should have gotten out of Dodge and had a better career. Like most every other failure in the organization (managers, players, front office) he was once a promising talent.  

Hahn is a disgrace. Burger is so hot right now. Sickening.

Fantasy Advice (from yahoo): Burger has now hit safely in eight straight games, going 14-for-32 (.438) in that span. He's only hit one homer since joining Miami at the trade deadline, but he's now batting .340 (18-for-53) with an .888 OPS through 14 contests with his new team. Overall, the 27-year-old Burger is slashing .233/.297/.522 with 26 homers, 60 RBI and 50 runs scored through 381 plate appearances between the Marlins and White Sox.