Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

23 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I was coming here to post exactly this. I can't think of a single stat that sums up how bad a team is better than this.

This is an organizational failure, both in acquiring players and developing them.

How much of that stat is due to Kopech?  I can look it up, too.

31 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I was coming here to post exactly this. I can't think of a single stat that sums up how bad a team is better than this.

This is an organizational failure, both in acquiring players and developing them.

Or swinging at pitches outside of the strike zone...

36 minutes ago, oldsox said:

How much of that stat is due to Kopech?  I can look it up, too.

29 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Or swinging at pitches outside of the strike zone...

That's why that stat is so all-encompassing--it describes both how bad the pitchers and hitters have been when it comes to commanding the strike zone.

49 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

Everyone in the White Sox organization, management, staff, players should be ashamed. This has been one of the most pitiful seasons in White Sox history.

Yes;  1970 (for those of us who remember) was really bad, but that was the trough of a decline over a few years, after a decade+ of winning.  They immediately brought in a new GM and were competitive the next year.
This is the most pitiful in my time; and they just rub it in our faces by pushing out the smarmy, condescending, incompetent Hahn  to wax excuses.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I’m 32 years old and this is easily the worst season of being a Sox fan in my life. With expectations of the season, lack of effort and hustle every day, it’s been miserable.

Last year was actually worse for me. Higher expectations going into that season. Plus they were “in it” for a lot of the season, but just refused to get out of their own damn way.

This season became a disaster so fast that there was basically no time to even give it a chance. 

5 hours ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

2007, 2013, 2017, 2018, 2023 are all my most miserable seasons as a White Sox fan. And Rick was the GM for all but one of them. It's actually quite impressive to be that consistently awful. 

2016 sucked too with the 23-10 start and then collapsing and then the Shields trade quickly going awry...but they finally chose a direction most of the fanbase agreed with in light of the KC and then Cubs successes.

Edited by caulfield12

7 hours ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

2007, 2013, 2017, 2018, 2023 are all my most miserable seasons as a White Sox fan. And Rick was the GM for all but one of them. It's actually quite impressive to be that consistently awful. 

"So he was good two out of three seasons"

JR

20 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

There is no hope

The Yankees, Cubs and Dodgers claiming the top three spots makes me want to puke as well.

There is hope, but it's going to take time, a whole lot of precious time. It's going to take patience and time, to do it right, child.

It's also going to take money, a whole lot of spending money. It;s gonna take plenty of money, to do it right, child.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I haven't followed: is the guy they got for Burger pitching like s%*#?

Jake Eder is his name.  He started for Birmingham yesterday.  It wasn't pretty.  3.1 innings, 5 or 6 runs, lots of hits and walks.  ERA in AA is over 6.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Jake Eder is his name.  He started for Birmingham yesterday.  It wasn't pretty.  3.1 innings, 5 or 6 runs, lots of hits and walks.  ERA in AA is over 6.  

From the leader of the Anti-Hahn crew, it’s not fair to evaluate Eder’s performance right now. He just came back from TJS and another body injury in June, he has a long way to go to get physically back to wherever he was pre injury. For now just be content with the fact that he’s pitching at all and that Hahn hasn’t yet called him up to save his bullpen like he did with Fulmer, Crochet, and Kopech. Next year will be more appropriate to evaluate him based on performance, and he will probably be called up to the bullpen in May so we will be able to see him in person then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

From the leader of the Anti-Hahn crew, it’s not fair to evaluate Eder’s performance right now. He just came back from TJS and another body injury in June, he has a long way to go to get physically back to wherever he was pre injury. For now just be content with the fact that he’s pitching at all and that Hahn hasn’t yet called him up to save his bullpen like he did with Fulmer, Crochet, and Kopech. Next year will be more appropriate to evaluate him based on performance, and he will probably be called up to the bullpen in May so we will be able to see him in person then.

Don't forget the Burdi pick expecting more "in current draft year" bullpen help...

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Well stated.  I'm pulling for Eder, too. 

Didn't see this posted, this is the second time this season the kid is going to miss time with an arm-type issue:

"The Sox put left-hander Noah Schultz, their first-round draft choice in 2022, on the injured list with a shoulder impingement after he was scratched from his start Sunday at Class A Kannapolis. Schultz has a 1.33 ERA with 38 strikeouts and six walks in 27 innings."

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

No. I will not be content that the piece the Sox got back for one of their most likeable, hard working, successful players is merely healthy. Do I hope he works out? Sure. Do I trust Hahn's judgement? No. 

Edited by TheBooneLoganEra
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Didn't see this posted, this is the second time this season the kid is going to miss time with an arm-type issue:

"The Sox put left-hander Noah Schultz, their first-round draft choice in 2022, on the injured list with a shoulder impingement after he was scratched from his start Sunday at Class A Kannapolis. Schultz has a 1.33 ERA with 38 strikeouts and six walks in 27 innings."

Was high risk from the very beginning...apparently lucking out on Chris Sale for so many years didn't change the draft (and trading) calculus on starting pitching.

Well maybe it has...taking pitchers who are already hurt or rehabbing right and left yet another (new) attempted version of Moneyball.

Odds are that it has to pay off eventually...at least once.

On 8/21/2023 at 7:53 AM, Balta1701 said:

Why are you convinced Eder is a reliever?