Official NBA 22-23

33 minutes ago, chw42 said:

It can work if we can dump Lonzo's contract as an expiring.

They already received some sort of relief for his contract/injury so I don't think they can do that.

https://heavy.com/sports/chicago-bulls/nba-decision-request-ball-karnisovas-dosunmu/#:~:text=The %2410.2 million allocation represents,in the summer of 2021.

27 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

But I don't think they used the exception yet, have they? 

Big NBA fan here, not expecting much from our guys, softened my opinion on the FO cuz I'm giving them a break on Lonzo.  Things might be different if he was 100%.   Same as last season, still need a PG, rim protection and three point shooters to space the floor.  Coach D hasn't impressed me that much either.

If anyone is interested:  Who would you rather have in the middle for this team, Vuc or Ayton?

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's only preseason but Coach D's skills at drawing up a  last second play to free up a shooter for a three are already on display.  He must have been honing them all summer.😁I'd have run something for Bitim.  Kid can shoot.

Too bad Williams missed that layup.  Different game if he made it. Williams isn't a starting PF but he has some wing talent.

I am such a big basketball fan - yet season hasn’t start and I could barely care about Bulls. They have had some bad teams of late but I am so apathetic. Makes me sad cause I feel that way for everyone but Bears and if Fields is out and Bagent ends up sucking than I will have basically that for Bears all season too. And Bears are only one of my 3 teams that give me any hope cause they at least have draft picks who can give me hope (even if it is false hope). 

Seripusly though - this team is worse in terms of my joy for them than the post Jordan years with Ron Mercer and Corey Benjamin and Jason Caffey. They aren’t like awful like that team but they are like that team cause the franchise has zero building blocks. 

19 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I am such a big basketball fan - yet season hasn’t start and I could barely care about Bulls. They have had some bad teams of late but I am so apathetic. Makes me sad cause I feel that way for everyone but Bears and if Fields is out and Bagent ends up sucking than I will have basically that for Bears all season too. And Bears are only one of my 3 teams that give me any hope cause they at least have draft picks who can give me hope (even if it is false hope). 

Seripusly though - this team is worse in terms of my joy for them than the post Jordan years with Ron Mercer and Corey Benjamin and Jason Caffey. They aren’t like awful like that team but they are like that team cause the franchise has zero building blocks. 

I feel the exact same way. Nothing gets me excited like a new NBA season. It's so demoralizing that these dopes keep running out the same mediocre team year after year. The only thing I'm optimistic about is Coby White possibly taking the next step. I think he can still improve.

25 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I can't believe the Bulls are basically running the same team out there with a couple different role guys. Wonder if our first round pick from last year will actually play this year? 

Well track record of this front office drafting isn't good. Williams is NOT good and they have held onto him for far too long.  Coby White is past regime - he has at least continued to improve and he is a decent rotational player. Ayo had one good year so that was good value out of that late of a pick.  The front office gave everything else up but Talen looks terrible....we'll see how this year's pick works (not that they have much cause they gave up the farm for a slightly above average center).  

45 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I can't believe the Bulls are basically running the same team out there with a couple different role guys. Wonder if our first round pick from last year will actually play this year? 

Lol I can believe it.   Very bulls like 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Lol I can believe it.   Very bulls like 

They did shop LaVine but must have decided to keep him. Knew what their weaknesses were and addressed none of them. Three point shooting last night was as pathetic as last year. See what a difference new blood in the FO made?  Gar/Pax could have done as well. 

9 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

They did shop LaVine but must have decided to keep him. Knew what their weaknesses were and addressed none of them. Three point shooting last night was as pathetic as last year. See what a difference new blood in the FO made?  Gar/Pax could have done as well. 

Garpax never would have done the Lonzo Demar moves, that would have absolutely scared them into a corner.  

this front office tried something different and have been unwilling and unable to pivot.  The previous front office relied on luck and luck only 

4 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Garpax never would have done the Lonzo Demar moves, that would have absolutely scared them into a corner.  

this front office tried something different and have been unwilling and unable to pivot.  The previous front office relied on luck and luck only 

Same difference or looks a lot like it.  Sucks either way.

30 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Same difference or looks a lot like it.  Sucks either way.

No doubt the end result has us in the same spot.  However Garpax got waaaaaaaaay longer to be complete idiots and assholes to all of us.  AKME hasn’t even gotten to the asshole part yet!

• Like 1