Liam Hendriks coming up in trade discussions

Sleepy Harold

8 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

If they do a deal just to do a deal, more fuel to the fire to be mad at this team. Deal isn't worth doing without a helpful prospect like Mauricio at least.

Mauricio isn't a good prospect in a Hendriks trade.. His star has faded quite a bit

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

even just a Kelly for Escobar swap makes sense for both clubs.

I'll predict Hendriks will be on the Mets by the end of Eve's Eve (23rd).  Seems to be some smokey

This is what I was thinking. They're being paid similar amounts of money. Escobar doesn't have a spot on the Mets anymore. The Mets can always try to build a better bullpen. Kelly is wasted on the Sox right now as probably the 5th best reliever on the team. 

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I'll predict Hendriks will be on the Mets by the end of Eve's Eve (23rd).  Seems to be some smokey

I think this is more likely than Hendriks being dealt.  They already have Robertson who was a successful closer.  

• Like 1

Just now, chw42 said:

This is what I was thinking. They're being paid similar amounts of money. Escobar doesn't have a spot on the Mets anymore. The Mets can always try to build a better bullpen. Kelly is wasted on the Sox right now as probably the 5th best reliever on the team. 

It allocates a glut of our RPs to a position of need.  Sameish money.  That's a deal that should get done if nothing does happen with Hendriks.

10 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Any chance we can get a third team involved in this that is rebuilding and is willing to take Grandal along with a prospect or two?

How about something like this:

Mets get: Hendriks (and they save $8M)

White Sox get:  McCann, Escobar, Dylan Smith or another random Tigers pitching prospect (and they save $10M)

Tigers get:  Grandal, Baty (and take on $18M). 

This is a first attempt. Let me know why it sucks (because it probably does) and we can adjust it accordingly. 

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

White Sox get:  McCann, Escobar, Dylan Smith or another random Tigers pitching prospect (and they save $10M)

This is a first attempt. Let me know why it sucks (because it probably does) and we can adjust it accordingly. 

No.

1 minute ago, Flash said:

If you believe its feasible that Moncada, Robert, Gio bounce back, TA stays healthy and Grandal finds the fountain of youth, you can't very well trade Hendricks. If Hahn moves him now, it would look as though we were conceding...thats just bad optics.

Right. I have a feeling they don’t end up trading him. They want him. However, if he’s traded it needs to feel like an overpay. So my prediction is he stays.

11 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

sounds like a disaster.  So we don't get any good prospects, and trade the best player in the deal, and take on 2 bad contracts that may be worse than the one we gave up?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Flash said:

If you believe its feasible that Moncada, Robert, Gio bounce back, TA stays healthy and Grandal finds the fountain of youth, you can't very well trade Hendricks. If Hahn moves him now, it would look as though we were conceding...thats just bad optics.

you absolutely can re-tool with our expensive bullpen and stay or get more competetive.

12 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

It sucks because the deal involves trading LH in a transaction involving Baty but the Sox aren't ending up with Baty. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

It seems they might be able to do better than that just for Kelly at this point. 

Edited by SoCalChiSox

5 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

sounds like a disaster.  So we don't get any good prospects, and trade the best player in the deal, and take on 2 bad contracts that may be worse than the one we gave up?

Well the perk that you didn’t mention is that we are unloading Grandal. If that’s not valuable (honestly, I don’t know if it is), then the deal is horrendous for the Sox.