Liam Hendriks coming up in trade discussions

Sleepy Harold

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Even if this is a salary dumb, Hendriks is an asset with trade value.  If we take back a crappy contract that will only increase the rest of the return with a guy like McCann included. 

Yep. This is why none of these rumors make sense. We’ve heard that the Mets want to shed salary after signing Correa, but we’ve also heard the Sox might want to trade Hendriks to shed some salary. It doesn’t make sense. That’s why I came up with the unrealistic three-team trade earlier. 

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

What happens if Romy and Sosa just suck? There is nothing wrong with bringing in back up plans. Those guys are gonna get crushed by big league RHP. 

It's a risk.  Escobar's numbers were sub-Harrison until September last year.   Probably can find some Andrus type in June if need be.

Segura is better; but that's another FA contract.  Segura +  Benintendi  =  $23-$25 million range.  And I'd ask, just like last year, why not get one good player for that money instead of 2 average players.

I would be a lot less confident in this season with Grandal as the primary DH instead of of Eloy. Losing Hendriks too — all to upgrade from Romy to Escobar and Seby to McCann. Even assuming there’s prospect value coming back, I think there’s a lot more to lose than to gain for the Sox in that scenario. 

Edited by Eminor3rd
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Middle Buffalo said:

If the Sox trade Eloy, they should have kept Abreu. If they make this ^ rumored trade with the Mets, they’re even bigger morons than we already believe.

Hahn is a bad GM, but he’s not this dumb.  This is just typical New York fan arrogance leading to fake New York insiders to create ridiculously stupid, one-sided trade rumors.  Honestly, I just posted because it’s worth a good chuckle that anyone posted this as being legitimate.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Hahn is a bad GM, but he’s not this dumb.  This is just typical New York fan arrogance leading to fake New York insiders to create ridiculously stupid, one-sided trade rumors.  Honestly, I just posted because it’s worth a good chuckle that anyone posted this as being legitimate.

I’m sure you are right. This trade idea is preposterous, but I’m so sick of being the big market team with a small market budget. Nothing would surprise me when it comes to JR being cheap.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

I would be a lot less confident in this season with Grandal as the primary DH instead of of Eloy. Losing Hendriks too — all to upgrade from Romy to Escobar and Seby to McCann. Even assuming there’s prospect value coming back, I think there’s a lot more to lose than to gain for the Sox in that scenario. 

The Mets would literally give McCann away for nothing because he has negative value and will cost them $23M per year on a marginal basis.  Us taking him on in a theoretical Hendriks trade means we’re getting something else incredibly valuable like Baty.  Zero reason to believe Eloy would ever be involved in such a trade unless somehow Alvarez is coming back.

24 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

It's a risk.  Escobar's numbers were sub-Harrison until September last year.   Probably can find some Andrus type in June if need be.

Segura is better; but that's another FA contract.  Segura +  Benintendi  =  $23-$25 million range.  And I'd ask, just like last year, why not get one good player for that money instead of 2 average players.

Benintendi is not an average player...carry on.

14 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

I'd call that a downgrade.
The only value in any of that would be the prospects.  McCann and Escobar aren't worth their contracts.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The Mets would literally give McCann away for nothing because he has negative value and will cost them $23M per year on a marginal basis.  Us taking him on in a theoretical Hendriks trade means we’re getting something else incredibly valuable like Baty.  Zero reason to believe Eloy would ever be involved in such a trade unless somehow Alvarez is coming back.

This is probably the way the White Sox should be approaching efforts to change the trajectory and makeup of the team though, by putting Eloy in a deal. But the return that guy had coming to the Sox definitely lends to this being completely made up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

At this point I need Hahn to tell the Mets to f*** off regardless of what they offer just so their obnoxious fans don’t get what they want for once.

I hope he makes a trade that is beneficial to the White Sox