2023-24 NFL Season Thread

8 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

The dominance is why people root against them. I respect how good they are, but f*** them. I wanna see new teams win it.

So do I. But "f*** them" because they are better than everyone else, in the league with a salary cap, is about the biggest meatball take I can think up. f*** the Bears. I wish my team had anywhere NEAR the success the Chiefs have had

• Fire 1

34 minutes ago, Tony said:

Not sure I get the hate for the Chiefs. Not caught up in any scandals, and their run is reaching Patriot-type levels in terms of playoff success.Ā 

I saw Kelce's playoff stats today: 21 games, 156 receptions for 1,810 yards and 19 TD's. Incredible.Ā 

Unless it's a situation like the Astro's, I have a hard time rooting against historic greatness.Ā 

I think Taylor Swift has exploded some people's brains.

• TLR 1

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Not sure I get the hate for the Chiefs. Not caught up in any scandals, and their run is reaching Patriot-type levels in terms of playoff success.Ā 

I saw Kelce's playoff stats today: 21 games, 156 receptions for 1,810 yards and 19 TD's. Incredible.Ā 

Unless it's a situation like the Astro's, I have a hard time rooting against historic greatness.Ā 

We havenā€™t heard it in the playoffs because theyā€™ve been on the road but I will give the Tomahawk Chop still being a thing in the 21st century as a major ugh.

4 hours ago, Tony said:

I don't hate the Chiefs, but the whining from earlier in the year really rubbed me the wrong way. They already get a lot of favorable calls, but they had the nerve to throw a fit over a correct offsides call. Plus they're in the Superbowl all the time, so I get why people would have Chiefs fatigue. Throw in Taylor Swift being a polarizing figure to football fans and I can definitely see why people would root against them.Ā 

5 hours ago, Tony said:

So do I. But "f*** them" because they are better than everyone else, in the league with a salary cap, is about the biggest meatball take I can think up. f*** the Bears. I wish my team had anywhere NEAR the success the Chiefs have had

Absolutely f*** the Bears, too.

I wanted to see someone like Detroit or Buffalo in there.

7 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

Absolutely f*** the Bears, too.

I wanted to see someone like Detroit or Buffalo in there.

I would def. be rooting for Buffalo if they were in it, I really like Allen. I was also rooting for Detroit, but wasn't "sad" to see them bounced as obviously my interest is in the Bears and having the Packers and Lions on the rise is more than annoying, but I digress.Ā 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chw42 said:

I don't hate the Chiefs, but the whining from earlier in the year really rubbed me the wrong way. They already get a lot of favorable calls, but they had the nerve to throw a fit over a correct offsides call. Plus they're in the Superbowl all the time, so I get why people would have Chiefs fatigue. Throw in Taylor Swift being a polarizing figure to football fans and I can definitely see why people would root against them.Ā 

I will be honest, watching them overcome some of the absolute worst work by a wide receiver room I have seen earlier this season was something to behold.Ā  It just tells me that watch Mahomes, you are watching a generational QB that we should all take some time appreciate.Ā  The last time I saw a guy on this level, he took his head coach from a bust with Cleveland to an Hall of Famer.

Chiefs still produce good games, for the most part (side eye to the ravens game), so I'm still good. Still like Mahomes and Reid.

TBH I find 49ers much more boring than the chiefs.Ā 

I still get annoyed when the nation gets behind an oft-suffering fan base just because when the sox were in the world series suddenly the fact that a team was about to end a 90 year old drought it was not really interesting to people. So I'm not rooting for detroit.

Ā 

58 minutes ago, Tony said:

Shocked Ben Johnson is staying in Detroit, did not see that coming

Probably sucks having to wait through the playoffs and having the last teams without coaches being less than desirable situations at the momentĀ 

Really, really really big win for the steelers getting Arthur Smith as OC. That should mesh extremely well with Tomlin and that roster. But boy, that guy has not had a QB has he.

Came across this interesting factoid looking up what LaTroy Hawkins was doing now in terms of broadcasting/guest appearances...

"Hawkins is the godfather of hisĀ Minnesota TwinsĀ teammateĀ Pat Mahomes' son,Ā Patrick IIĀ who is a quarterback for theĀ Kansas City Chiefs.[103]Ā Another godson of Hawkins's,Ā Elijah Johnson, playedĀ college basketballĀ for theĀ University of Kansas Jayhawks.[64]

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Looks like Ravens DC Mike McDonald is going to be the youngest head coach in the league for Seattle

i personally think, if you exclude harbaugh, he was far and away the best candidate in the cycle that was currently in an nfl job.

On 1/29/2024 at 8:59 PM, southsider2k5 said:

I think Taylor Swift has exploded some people's brains.

Just imagine a bad breakup. Ā We will all be treated to a new solo by Taylor with lyrics about some football player that was a real asshole and had a small package. Ā With every bad breakup, she gets new song material.

But I still donā€™t understand the Chiefs hate, regardless of Taylor. Ā Mahomes couldā€™ve and shouldā€™ve been a Bear. Ā Would Mahomes have been as successful with the Bears as the Chiefs? Ā Who knows. Ā But I canā€™t hate on Mahomes just because the Bears picked Trubisky over him.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

34 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Just imagine a bad breakup. Ā We will all be treated to a new solo by Taylor with lyrics about some football player that was a real asshole and had a small package. Ā With every bad breakup, she gets new song material.

But I still donā€™t understand the Chiefs hate, regardless of Taylor. Ā Mahomes couldā€™ve and shouldā€™ve been a Bear. Ā Would Mahomes have been as successful with the Bears as the Chiefs? Ā Who knows. Ā But I canā€™t hate on Mahomes just because the Bears picked Trubisky over him.

Heard a comedian with a great joke about the difference between millenials and Gen x.Ā 

The perfect example of the difference is that Taylor swift sings whiny songs about exs while Stevie nicks wrote songs about her ex and sang them to him while she made him sing backup and play the guitar on stage.Ā 

Edited by ptatc

47 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Cool.

I won't listen to it just like anything else that doesn't interest me.

But I also won't suffer a breakdown because she spent 25 seconds on TV in a 3 hour broadcast.Ā 

• Like 3

MacDonald may lure Washington Huskies (former) OC Ryan Grubb back to Seattle per PFT

You never know, but to me I just don't know why more teams weren't trying to lure him. Seattle is a good org.